What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail question

Ed62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couldn't find the answer, so I'll ask here. After typing some text in the Author Jotter app, and copying it, I opened the mail app so I could e-mail the text. When I touched the text field I did not get the option to paste. I did get the option to copy. What am I doing wrong? Any help will be much appreciated.

OP
E

Ed62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After fooling around with it for a while, I found the answer. Apparently you don't get the option to paste if you're using g-mail. Why, I don't know. I tried it using yahoo, and that option was available.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - that's strange. Are you using the iPad's native 'Mail' app, or accessing your email via Safari?

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the great thing about this Forum; I learn something new every day.

Thanks for passing that information on.

Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
The behavior you describe sounds very strange.

The copy/paste feature works the same, regardless of the app, or even email address used.

I have been trying to reproduce the behavior you describe, but unsuccessfully. The main reason being, that the 'copy' button does not appear when I want to paste something, because 'copy' only appears when text is selected and pressing for a while does not automatically select text, it just shows the blue vertical bar while asking what to do next.

While this does not really answer your question, it might be noteworthy to add, that I can copy text from AuthorJotter and paste it into gmail emails without problems.

Last edited:
OP
E

Ed62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
The behavior you describe sounds very strange.

The copy/paste feature works the same, regardless of the app, or even email address used.

I have been trying to reproduce the behavior you describe, but unsuccessfully. The main reason being, that the 'copy' button does not appear when I want to paste something, because 'copy' only appears when text is selected and pressing for a while does not automatically select text, it just shows the blue vertical bar while asking what to do next.

While this does not really answer your question, it might be noteworthy to add, that I can copy text from AuthorJotter and paste it into gmail emails without problems.

Sorry I wasn't very clear. When I try to paste the text in g-mail, I touch in the text field, then I could select the text, then copy. But I never got the option to paste like I did using yahoo mail. Sorry for the confusion.

OP
E

Ed62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, this is weird. Now I'm getting the option to paste when using g-mail! Maybe this happened because I shut the iPad down, a little earlier. I don't know. But when I did have the problem with g-mail, I didn't have it when using yahoo mail. Just wanted to let everyone know the outcome. Thanks for all the help I'm getting.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear the problem's sorted. Turning the iPad off and then on again (i.e. a complete shutdown, not just putting it to sleep) seems to fix many unexplained problems.

Hope everything goes OK from now on - keep in touch if you have any other problems.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts