What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnetic IPad Mount

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can't shield a magnet, or compasses wouldn't work in lead rooms - most modern solid-state electronics are totally immune anyway.

Wrong, sorry. In a way your correct, but far from it

Don't confuse magnetism and effects from high frequency electromagnetic fields.

Everything that is conductive shields against EM fields.
Lead shields against particles and radiation by absorbing the particles.

What exactly shields magnets? Nothing.
Its like, what shields gravity? Nothing.

A hard disk isn't solid-state, it holds it's data in magnetic media that can be erased with a magnet - but the iPad doesn't have a hard drive.

A fast-moving magnet will induce a significant electric current on a conductor - probably the cause of the case-clip failures.

I think we're so conditioned to our fear that computer + magnet = bad
that we don't think about why it was, but isn't necessarily the case any more.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You also could have just gotten a faulty batch of ipads. It happens.

Unfortunately is not this, especially because we are developing a products using magnet …. But after several test and 3 iPad killed (lucky us apple exchange them) … we have found way to immunize the device against magnet and reception problem ….

by the way i like your creativity

OP
Linkreincarnate

Linkreincarnate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.linkreincarnate.com

Unfortunately is not this, especially because we are developing a products using magnet …. But after several test and 3 iPad killed (lucky us apple exchange them) … we have found way to immunize the device against magnet and reception problem ….

How did you eventually solve your problem?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

How did you eventually solve your problem?

We change the power of the magnet , control the sens of attraction , and we place a piece in metal between the magnet and the ipad and between the metal we have a slim sheet of cooper …

And now seem’s that work fine

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you also could have just gotten a faulty batch of ipads. It happens.

unfortunately is not this, especially because we are developing a products using magnet …. But after several test and 3 ipad killed (lucky us apple exchange them) … we have found way to immunize the device against magnet and reception problem ….

By the way i like your creativity

:D LOL!! Zoinked!!!

OP
Linkreincarnate

Linkreincarnate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.linkreincarnate.com
you also could have just gotten a faulty batch of ipads. It happens.

unfortunately is not this, especially because we are developing a products using magnet …. But after several test and 3 ipad killed (lucky us apple exchange them) … we have found way to immunize the device against magnet and reception problem ….

By the way i like your creativity

:D LOL!! Zoinked!!!

Brilliant insight Digikid. Saturday morning cartoons are Zen like that...

OP
Linkreincarnate

Linkreincarnate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.linkreincarnate.com
I've had it on my iPad since I made them with no adverse effects. I dont see why people continue to question whether or not they will mess up the iPad in the face of continuing evidence to the contrary. THE MAGNETS HAVE NO ADVERSE EFFECT WHATSOEVER. Ipads do not have hard drives they have solid state drives. The magnets are over the corners where even if there was something in the iPad that could be affected it is removed from the magnet.

OP
Linkreincarnate

Linkreincarnate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.linkreincarnate.com
Just thought I'd revive this thread to gloat a bit. Now that apple uses magnets in their official accessories, I think a few people owe some appologies. If I incorrectly spread misinformation about one of your inventions I would appologise once I realized my mistake.

jon_chalk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 on fridge

I folded the iPad 2 cover and simply put the iPad on the fridge. The magnets are strong enough to hold on fridge. Just be sure to fold in a way that the flap (the cover has 4 panels) is folded in half (out) instead of under or between iPad back and cover. Test by keeping your hands very near iPad incase it slips. Do not attempt to leave the cover flat (up or behind).

The other thing I did was to get a sheet metal that is about an inch larger to each side of the iPad. No need to fold or bend the sheet. Just use pushpins to hold the sheet to the wall. Add one more pin to the bottom center of the sheet. When you place the iPad with the cover folded in half on the sheet it sticks really well. The bottom pin helps to keep the pad from flapping forward when you tap the screen. Try using with and without the pin to see what I mean.

Sheet metal and pins are easily found and you can get several for your home. Put one in bathroom to watch news while brushing teeth. Put one next to bed and use it as alarm or to watch videos just before bed time. Use on fridge to refer to recipes.

Another cool use is if you bend the bottom right corner of the sheet metal flat, you can place the sheet metal on your door in a way that you can align the ipad's camera over a door's peephole. When someone knocks at your door, you place the iPad, launch the camera app and the camera "sees" through the peephole. Now you can take a picture of whomever is at the door that you do not know. This is also useful if you are too short to use your peephole.

You can also use (you will need a different device to hold it if you wish) your iPhone or iPod touch 4th gen to see through the peephole. In that case I just simply hold either one to the peephole to see who is at door.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jon_chalk said:
I folded the iPad 2 cover and simply put the iPad on the fridge. The magnets are strong enough to hold on fridge. Just be sure to fold in a way that the flap (the cover has 4 panels) is folded in half (out) instead of under or between iPad back and cover. Test by keeping your hands very near iPad incase it slips. Do not attempt to leave the cover flat (up or behind).

I would NEVER trust this to stay attached...

-t

purnomosetiawan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why would you put an ipad on the fridge ? are u gonna stand in front your fridge all day ?
if u need to write something, post it is good enough.
there's no point doing that

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just dont understand how this can be a safe thing to do with your iPad. If you bumped it couldn't it just fall. No not doing that.

BuzyMum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
purnomosetiawan said:
why would you put an ipad on the fridge ? are u gonna stand in front your fridge all day ?
if u need to write something, post it is good enough.
there's no point doing that

For years people have written their grocery list, todo list, recipe cards, calendars and many other types of list on the refrigerator or pretty close to fridge in the kitchens, since it's a central location for the family. My iPad
replaced all of these thing and if I could afford another iPad just so I could permanently place it in the kitchen I would.

Most reactions

Latest posts