What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magazines on Ipad2 - Copy and Paste feature?

Alpine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I enjoy looking through magazines on my Ipad and come across thoughts, ideas and articles I'd like to save to my notes or journals for future reference.

Is there an app out there or a trick you know, that would allow me to highlight the specific section of a passage, copy and allow me to paste it in my notes?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Fairwayman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try and use the same method for ipad...hold finger down over word, then use select to copy text...stretch blue triangle by holding down with finger and drag over the text u want to copy---- open notes/paste....Or u could take a screen shots of the pages u want to read later

Last edited:
OP
A

Alpine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. Doesnt work on Magazines. That was the first thing i tried.

A photo doesn't give me the few lines im looking for just a whole page of stuff that i dont need.

Thanks for trying but surely thier must be something else?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If it doesn't allow it in the app, then there is no way to do it. Some allow limited clipping or sharing, others do not.

The iPad does not allow apps to access other apps. It is called sandboxing, and it's about security. Like all security it has a price. That price being that helper apps and system add ons can't exist outside jailbreaking, and in a more restricted roll than what we are used to on a traditional computer.

It is highly doubtful there are any jailbreak apps that will do what you want. Even in jailbreaking an app's data is normally sacrosanct. But if you want to know more about it check out the Hacker forum on this site and read the stickies at the top of the thread list.

Most reactions

Latest posts