What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook - copy and pasting?

emelisa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, be gentle with me this is my very first Mac
I was playing on facebook and I was wondering how I can copy and paste a link or quote I like that some else has shared and then place it on my profile page?
Same as saving photos then adding them on to Facebook as well
I have a HTC desire and know how to do it with that no probelmo

I have downloaded the free Facebook app
Any ideas... I read the book and didnt see anything about it on there :)

Thanks guys
Merry Christmas to you
:)

laurabrittany1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tap once on a word of the desired phrase you want to copy and it should high let with the option to copy. Drag the highlight box over the entire phrase and tap copy. When you wold like to paste, tap once on the place you would like to paste and it should give you the paste option. If you ever want to select all of the text on a page or section, tap on a place near the selection (but not on any words) and a select all option should appear. One the whole selection is highlighted you should have to copy option again. ;)

As for saving pictures from Facebook, just pull open the photo you wold like to save and tap the arrow button at the top of your screen. You should get the option to print the picture, save it, etc.

Hope this helps.. Merry Christmas!! :)

LB

SunshineSue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok here's how to do it in Facebook: This is how to copy and paste in Facebook on iPad/iPhone etc. Come out of the fb app and go to fb thru safari. It's the app causing the problem not ur iPad or fb... Then do as u would normally to copy and paste. Worked for me just now! Now fb app maker get ur act together and fix this BUG!! :)

CouriousGeorgi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not working for me even on Safari, it won't let me copy a message that I had previously sent and or other posts that I like. I have tried holding down on the text and all of that works just fine when I have the keyboard out and I'm typing something but other than that the newest iPhone that I have won't let me copy and paste anything on Facebook.

dawidbrook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can not copy the data from Facebook App in your iPad. For that you may try an application 'My Pad for iPad' which allows to copy your text from Facebook. This application is having good user layout for Facebook.

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do it all the time. You just have to hit the text just right. You can also try the fb app for iPad.

Most reactions