What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need help with note options...

Erik hadley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my ipad last week and already have found a ton of uses for it. Mainly, it allows me to get away from my desk to do my "fun" web browsing. There is just something about holding it like a magazine that just gives the web a totally different feel. With that said, I need some assistance in finding something to sync notes between my iphone4 and the Ipad.
I have dropbox on my phone and ipad but i'm not sure how i could use that to make a note, put it in dropbox and then be able to get it on the other device.
What i've been doing, which isnt all that great, is use the ipad note app, make a copy of what ever is in the note, paste it in an email to myself, then open it up on the other device and then copy it paste it into the note app on that device. It's not pretty , but it works.
I guess my wish list would be this.... and tell me if this could be done..
write a note on my ipad, save it . and then be able to open up my iphone and have the note show up there for me. I know that is what dropbox does, but like i said, i just dont know how to use it to do what i want to do.
Any help or suggestions would be great.

Erik

OP
E

Erik hadley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Erik hadley said:
I got my ipad last week and already have found a ton of uses for it. Mainly, it allows me to get away from my desk to do my "fun" web browsing. There is just something about holding it like a magazine that just gives the web a totally different feel. With that said, I need some assistance in finding something to sync notes between my iphone4 and the Ipad.
I have dropbox on my phone and ipad but i'm not sure how i could use that to make a note, put it in dropbox and then be able to get it on the other device.
What i've been doing, which isnt all that great, is use the ipad note app, make a copy of what ever is in the note, paste it in an email to myself, then open it up on the other device and then copy it paste it into the note app on that device. It's not pretty , but it works.
I guess my wish list would be this.... and tell me if this could be done..
write a note on my ipad, save it . and then be able to open up my iphone and have the note show up there for me. I know that is what dropbox does, but like i said, i just dont know how to use it to do what i want to do.
Any help or suggestions would be great.

Erik

Well, I may have solved my own problem. Found a site that recommended an app called plaintext. It seems to do just what I wanted to do by syncing across the iPad,iPhone and my computer.
One more question, how do start a new thread on this forum while on the iPad? I had to go on my computer to find the link to start a new thread. I don't see a way to do it from the iPad forum app on my iPad.

Erik

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Evernote will let you take text, audio, and picture notes. It will sync with any device that has an app made for it, which is just about every device including your computer. The basic account is free. For more information.

Remember Everything | Evernote Corporation

To start a new thread using the iPF app go to the Forums tab at the bottom. Navigate to the forum you want to post in. Then tap the icon in the top right of the screen and choose Net Thread.

Most reactions

Latest posts