What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mac Book Pro ~

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rumor says that the next MacBook Airs get a SandyBridge upgrade.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll say one thing about my new Macbook Pro. It is by far the hottest running computer I have ever owned. I love the form of the pro, but I think this is one case where a little extra room inside might have been a good thing. My boss has the exact same model and he has the same complaint. If you actually plan on using this on your lap, you might want to rethink.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Thanks, Bunny for the link! My daughter says that the MBP is all over Sac State and that they are going to be selling the iPad 2 in the book store soon.

Please tell me that's not my nick-name.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Thanks, Bunny for the link! My daughter says that the MBP is all over Sac State and that they are going to be selling the iPad 2 in the book store soon.

Please tell me that's not my nick-name.

LOL! Okay. It isn't. :D

What would you like it to be?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll say one thing about my new Macbook Pro. It is by far the hottest running computer I have ever owned. I love the form of the pro, but I think this is one case where a little extra room inside might have been a good thing. My boss has the exact same model and he has the same complaint. If you actually plan on using this on your lap, you might want to rethink.

Dave ~ what do you mean by more room inside? Not enough memory?

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Dave ~ what do you mean by more room inside? Not enough memory?

I meant more physical space. The MacBook Pro case really is sort of a work of art when you look at how thin yet strong it is. That thinness however leaves very little room for airflow through the case and it can get very hot in a very short amount of time. If you are doing anything even remotely graphical in nature the CPU will reach 90C+ in minutes and that beautiful metal chassis can get uncomfortably hot on your legs. I still think it is an amazing system, but I am not used to seeing temperatures like this. I guess I'll trust that it has been engineered to run right at the limits.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh. I see. Well ~ my daughter is dead set on this and she is going to get it soon. My HP Mini gets hot too on my lap, come to think of it.

It is the computer for college students, apparently. At least here in Cali.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
LOL! Okay. It isn't. :D

What would you like it to be?

Just call me anything. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts