What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love the Mini

ahowe070

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love it too I am so excited about it! That's weird that you don't like itunes, it is so easy to use. I too am in love with my mini, it's just great. The size and weight makes a HUGE difference. I returned my original ipad, and the mini, I'm draining the battery daily!

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ahowe070 said:
I love it too I am so excited about it! That's weird that you don't like itunes, it is so easy to use. I too am in love with my mini, it's just great. The size and weight makes a HUGE difference. I returned my original ipad, and the mini, I'm draining the battery daily!

I hate iTunes as well. Just utter garbage as far as apple products go.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TheX said:
I hate iTunes as well. Just utter garbage as far as apple products go.

I still wonder how and why people say this. I have been an iTunes user since the iPod mini was released. I refused to use anything else as I find them all clunky and cluttered. Unlike iTunes.

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
I still wonder how and why people say this. I have been an iTunes user since the iPod mini was released. I refused to use anything else as I find them all clunky and cluttered. Unlike iTunes.

Apple has brainwashed far to many people!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
TheX said:
Apple has brainwashed far to many people!

Well, I'll stick with iTunes until someone points me in the direction of something that works as well for managing multiple iDevices, a massive music collection, Home Sharing, access to the iTunes Store and all the other bits and pieces.

Lets face it, it just works, especially if you use iTunes 11. Previous versions were somewhat flaky on my Vista PC, but the latest version runs just fine.

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Well, I'll stick with iTunes until someone points me in the direction of something that works as well for managing multiple iDevices, a massive music collection, Home Sharing, access to the iTunes Store and all the other bits and pieces.

Lets face it, it just works, especially if you use iTunes 11. Previous versions were somewhat flaky on my Vista PC, but the latest version runs just fine.

Well the problem is that nothing else supports iDevices. iTunes though is the only option but far from being the best at anything.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
TheX said:
Well the problem is that nothing else supports iDevices. iTunes though is the only option but far from being the best at anything.

It can be tough going, but that's where we come in. Most iTunes issues are easily solved with the help of this forum.

OP
C

Cypher.Mini

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I find Itunes actually hard to use. I much prefer to just drag and drop what I want on my device. WIth dropbox I can get pretty close to that. I've had my Iphone for a bit now and it's never been connected to my ultrabook, only time the Mini has in the last while was to jailbreak it.

StillYas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thing is perfect in everyway, and I love using mine. I wanted to get the 64GB one but gotta 16GB instead, because I am hoping next one will have retina display on it, and than I will max it out.

cinderbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since you all clearly 'love the Mini' this may not be the place to seek this advice, but if you also own the fully-sized iPad I am interested in knowing which of the two you prefer, and why. I intend to purchase one or the other (although if I decide on the Mini I may wait for the next gen and hope for a retina display). I plan to use the iPad / Mini primarily for reading magazines and surfing the web, and I would probably never take it out of the house.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since you all clearly 'love the Mini' this may not be the place to seek this advice, but if you also own the fully-sized iPad I am interested in knowing which of the two you prefer, and why. I intend to purchase one or the other (although if I decide on the Mini I may wait for the next gen and hope for a retina display). I plan to use the iPad / Mini primarily for reading magazines and surfing the web, and I would probably never take it out of the house.

The best of both worlds is a mini with a retina screen. It doesn't matter if you take it out of the house or not, using the mini is easier than using any full
Sized tablet.

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was not intending to buy a mini as I was happy with my 1st gen Ipad but Santa splurged on one for me, so I have both.
I tend to use my original Ipad for bedtime TV/film watching and reading or listening to audio books - I found my audiobook app works in the background so I can check emails at the same time if I want a lie-in.
I wear contact lenses, and find the larger screen of my old Ipad is easier on my short-sightedness before I get out of bed than the smaller screen on the mini.

I use my mini for when out and about as well as to watch TV/movies while using my laptop for work/browsing/emailing when not in bed as I prefer the larger screen when doing accounts/writing letters etc.

Last edited:

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mini... All I do is read and surf and sometimes a little YouTube or movies but I find the mini perfect for all those things... I have the iPad 2 but prefer the mini... Retina would be nice but hey, it doesn't have retina yet so oh well... Lol. If a retina one comes out for the same price I'll probably get that but till then I love the mini... :)

Most reactions

Latest posts