What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lost wifi on ipad and nowhere else....

ewkoopman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We were having trouble with our in-home network (which includes my husband's Mac laptop, my Imac, and my Ipad2). My husband updated the Airport Extreme firmware, which involved changing one setting from DHCP to Bridge mode. Now his laptop and my Imac are connected to the internet but the IPad is not. I plugged it in to the IMac hoping to sync it but no luck. I reset it by pressing the off and home switches but no luck.

Any suggestions?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We were having trouble with our in-home network (which includes my husband's Mac laptop, my Imac, and my Ipad2). My husband updated the Airport Extreme firmware, which involved changing one setting from DHCP to Bridge mode. Now his laptop and my Imac are connected to the internet but the IPad is not. I plugged it in to the IMac hoping to sync it but no luck. I reset it by pressing the off and home switches but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Have you tries resetting network settings on your iPad? Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

OP
E

ewkoopman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tries resetting network settings on your iPad? Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

I haven't done that because it looked too absolute - I wanted to get feedback first. But what's happened is that my husband changed something on his settings and now we're back in business for the time being. I don't trust it because he's back to the settings where we were having problems network wide - so I will keep your suggestion handy and welcome others!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I haven't done that because it looked too absolute - I wanted to get feedback first. But what's happened is that my husband changed something on his settings and now we're back in business for the time being. I don't trust it because he's back to the settings where we were having problems network wide - so I will keep your suggestion handy and welcome others!

Resetting network settings will not erase any data from your iPad. You will have to sign in again at any sites requiring your password.

OP
E

ewkoopman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, thanks - I didn't think it would delete data, just couldn't remember how much setup I'd had to do in the beginning. I will definitely keep this in mind if the trouble starts again.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, thanks - I didn't think it would delete data, just couldn't remember how much setup I'd had to do in the beginning. I will definitely keep this in mind if the trouble starts again.

If you aren't comfortable try forgetting your home network and reconnecting first, this may do it, should only require selecting the network and entering password if you require one

OP
E

ewkoopman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The trouble started again.... I tried forgetting the network and re-choosing it, and resetting the network, but neither worked. Sigh. So now we're on a third setting for the protocol. IPad is back in business, and we'll see whether the network stays functional. I appreciate your help and will be back if more of this happens!

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The trouble started again.... I tried forgetting the network and re-choosing it, and resetting the network, but neither worked. Sigh. So now we're on a third setting for the protocol. IPad is back in business, and we'll see whether the network stays functional. I appreciate your help and will be back if more of this happens!

Mine will drop the network but look like it is connected if my router switches from 40Mhz wide to 20Mhz (which my router decides to do on its own every now and then). You might check that too

Most reactions

Latest posts