What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost my Prius

Speck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Brought Monopoly for Ipad, cost £4.99. At first it had the Toyota Prius as a mover, now t has vanished. Anyone know whats happened here?
Cheers
Carl

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there..welcome to the forum.

Have you tried to close out the app first and re-try?

Force the app to close down*by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
LOL I thought by reading the thread title that you actually lost a Prius :D

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I lost my Prius mover too last week, somehow, and tried power off (but i couldn't do soft reset because everytime i pressed power and home buttons always ask slide to power off same as if just holding the power button) and still not success to bring the prius back....pls help....

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I lost my Prius mover too last week, somehow, and tried power off (but i couldn't do soft reset because everytime i pressed power and home buttons always ask slide to power off same as if just holding the power button) and still not success to bring the prius back....pls help....
To do a hard reset, you need to keep holding down the buttons and ignore the prompt. In the meantime, Bonjour, bienvenue sur le forum! Hello, and welcome to the forum!
The iPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the iPad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discu...412896524?mt=8
Reading the iPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
Apple - Support - Manuals
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697
Also, for your iPhone-related questions, check out our sister site, iPhone Forum
iPhone Forum

Encore une fois, nous vous souhaitons la bienvenue et sommes très heureux que vous nous avez rejoint!
Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sincerely,
Goofy :)

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the info, goofy8275 :thumbs:
however, the prius still missing, i cleaned up the task bar, then pressed the home and power button until the apple logo showed up, and open the monopoly again, yet still missing the prius....
is this because i reset my statistics last week? i think if i'm not mistaken it happened during that time, because i lost 3 times in a row (and i forgot to use the 'Abandoned Game' option, instead i use 'Resign' when losing) on hard mode, so i reset the statistics.....:mad:

Alex k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
This game is great but weird, I also lost my prius a few months back
and it got me to the point where i was asking myself 'did i really
have a prius'? But today for some reason its back which caused me
to jump on this forum!

I have no idea what happened or what i did.
My stats are:
Overall record - 127/129
V Easy - 1/1
Easy 4/4
Med - 4/5
Hard - 116/117
MME - 64.8k
house - 34
Hotels - 20

Hope that helps...

And just for the record... not that it would help... I also just dropped
my ipad! :)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Alex and welcome to the forum. Losing the Prius temporarily is definitely not as bad as dropping your iPad. Hope everything is still alright with it.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved this thread over to the Games section of this forum.

Mainly because the title makes me think you've actually lost a Prius (the physical car)! :)

Thanks.

Marilyn

Landrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you find out how to get your Prius in monopoly back? Mine is gone too

polarsun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I just found the solution for the Prius disappearing in Monopoly for iPad =)

I think the car began to disappear with the April 2012 update, but there's a way to avoid it disappearing

Steps:

1. Install i-FunBox
That's a free tool for PC/Mac to view iPad/iPhone/iPod files, backup&restore them.. it can be useful to do full backups of Apps, in-App purchases, configuration files, completed games, installing/removing apps and more

2. Open the directory MONOPOLY/Documents
If you already played the game and the car has disappeared, there should be in that directory the file "monopoly_info.plist". Inside that textfile there is a line which says something like token-prius-expiration 2012/04/28 but.. if you edit it, it will be restored again to that date.. so..

3. Delete the file 'monopoly_info.plist' and create a folder with that name
You know it's not possible the existance of a folder and a file with the same name so it won't be created again. There is no crash after doing this and the car comes back!

That's it..
Enjoy the game
=)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts