What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-Jailbreak Help!

elvin18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum and I am sorry if this is in the wrong section. The problem for me is, I accidentally deleted cydia from my iPad 3 WiFi, and so, when I launched Absinthe again, to re-jailbreak, it said there was an error and the file system detected there was jailbreak and it says stash detected. So being the 'genius' I am, I connected the iPad to iFunBox, searched "Cydia" and deleted all the files with "Cydia" in them. My question is, can I re-jailbreak without restoring the iPad again? Thanks Guys.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, I'm 99.9% certain you've completely messed up that iOS version and that jailbreak. So, the only solution I see for you is to restore it (put a new iOS 5.1.1 on it) and then jail break it again with Absinthe, should you wish.

Then, after you've got it all sorted, whatever you did to accidentally delete Cydia - don't do again. :) That includes trying to remove any Cydia references using iFunbox....

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:

Totallylagit

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have OpenSSH installed, you can reinstall cydia. You just need to get the .deb for it and copy it over and use a terminal prog like putty to install it. That is quite simple.... if you have OpenSSH installed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

shacky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how to install same version

Unfortunately, no, I'm 99.9% certain you've completely messed up that iOS version and that jailbreak. So, the only solution I see for you is to restore it (put a new iOS 5.1.1 on it) and then jail break it again with Absinthe, should you wish.

Then, after you've got it all sorted, whatever you did to accidentally delete Cydia - don't do again. :) That includes trying to remove any Cydia references using iFunbox....

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

hi, im kind of facing the same problem.. im new to this ipad n apple products.. can u help me on how to restore back my ipad to ios 5.1.1 cause i tried to restore with itunes but it says update to latest version ios 6.0.1 first..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi, im kind of facing the same problem.. im new to this ipad n apple products.. can u help me on how to restore back my ipad to ios 5.1.1 cause i tried to restore with itunes but it says update to latest version ios 6.0.1 first..

What generation iPad do you have, what version of iOS is it currently running and do you have SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1?

Knowing the answers to the above will help us get you going in the right direction.

Marilyn

shacky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What generation iPad do you have, what version of iOS is it currently running and do you have SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1?

Knowing the answers to the above will help us get you going in the right direction.

Marilyn

hi thanks for the quick reply.. im having ipad new .. currently running ios 5.1.1.. i dont have shsh blobs..
realy messed up with my ipad..

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
shacky said:
how do i download shsh blobs

Unless you saved your blobs for iOS 5.1.1 before September 21st, when Apple stopped signing it, there is no way to get them. The only restore you can do will have your iPad running iOS 6.0.1.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts