What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For GPS/Satellite Photo App

LTCSZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi: I know there are bunches of iPad/iPhone GPS apps, but I have been unable to find just what I need; Can anyone recommend a good app that will allow me to download and save offline satellite photos of only the areas that i want, and will be usable for GPS tracking with my iPad Air 2? Any advice will be appreciated!

Steve in Kansas

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in a similar situation. I have used the iPad MotionX app for several years, but the one I use has been discontinued. I need audio turn-by-turn directions, addresses that I can save, estimated drive times, and similar features. Suggestions welcome.
John in Houston

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was surprised to see that Moiton-X GPS HD now crashes on my iPad. I checked, and the support pages are mostly dead. the App Store (In my Purchased Apps section) shows it hasn’t had an update for three years. I presume it’s a dead app. The iPhone verision, Motion-X GPS still works, but may not for much longer.

I don’t have a solution for all the requests.

On the very rare occasion I need offline driving directons I use CoPilot GPS Navigation. The app is free, but you‘ll probably need a subscriptions and in-app purchases to make it usable for you. It does allow trip-planning and a other high end features. I can’t really recommend for or against it. I can‘t even remember the last time I used it.

I don’t have anything to offer to LTCSZ. The closest thing I have is Topo Maps by Mappendix. If you can live with downloadable topgraphic maps instead of satellite images maybe it will do some of what you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts