What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for app to import small wav files and play at push of a button

Jcpzero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello:

I am looking for an app that is designed to import wav files, and play them with the push of a button.

I am going to use it to play train sounds, so it would be nice to have 20 or so buttons that could be labeled.

Maybe there is some type of dj app?

Thanks,

Jon

Tabhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh. I so wish I could do that also. So many news/interviews etc are in wav files. I have no idea how to listen to them.

Hopefully, there is some way to listen to them. I have had to resort back to travelling with laptop because cannot get these wav files that are part of so many networks news.

Does some one know of an APP that can help us? I have downloaded so many apps that people say, but they seem so complicated. I just want to listed to an interview or news station! (I gave up trying to watch local news that require flash player!) But to just be able to listen would be a bonus!

gbfdcapt4b

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not able to play wav files and I can't figure out how to forward a message to a group. I know Apple does not play well with others, but come on, most of my email movie attachments are wav or wmv. Get over it Mr. Jobs and give it what we need.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Not able to play wav files and I can't figure out how to forward a message to a group. I know Apple does not play well with others, but come on, most of my email movie attachments are wav or wmv. Get over it Mr. Jobs and give it what we need.

Playing WMV would mean people a bunch of money to Microsoft. Not going to happen.

I would also point the blame at who ever is using strictly WMV and not something thats easily played on all platforms.MP4? MPG? MP3?

Star56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just import the WAV files into itunes and convert them to mp3.

There that was easy!

Tabhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your right, unfortunately

Playing WMV would mean people a bunch of money to Microsoft. Not going to happen.

I would also point the blame at who ever is using strictly WMV and not something thats easily played on all platforms.MP4? MPG? MP3?

Yes..Thank you for pointing out that..you are right
Every news stations that I encounter that have files I cannot listen to or view, I write them. I am on a campaign to make my iPad work anywhere and listen and view anything) I hear from nearly all station managers who say they are working on it, but "it" is not scheduled. I guess it depends on funds and size of stations and cities.
They probably have old Windows equipment that produce the news audio and video and to change and update may be above the budget in the local stations throughout the country. I fear some may be very slow, that is why I am interested in that easy one button conversion system that will probably never come. Obviously most big networks are already on board. But trouble is they do not cover the small city stories I want to cover.
But I STLL NOT GOING TO STOP CAMPAIGNING FOR THE CHANGES!

Most reactions

Latest posts