What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 Making Music - Multitrack QUESTION

finemess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all, very happy to be here. I have a question about music/instrument apps.

I've installed a few electronic/synth instruments which I'm really enjoying: Morphwhiz, Korg iMS-20, iElectribe, Curtis, Synthmate, etc., etc. While these files can be "saved" in each individual app and accessed in their native app, I would like to be able to export/import these various files into a native iPad DAW such as Garage Band or an iPad sequencing app. Is there a way to do this?

I imagine that with multiple tracks playing that represent files from various apps, there could be a polyphony issue. Beyond that, I'm wondering if the actual files that are saved in the individual music apps are not truly 16 or 24 bit WAV of AIFF files, rather simply small files that only contain the instructions for the native app to playback the saved file.

I hope this makes some sense. I just want to be able to create multiple tracks on my iPad2 from pieces created in various iPad apps. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great question as im curious also. I have GarageBand, electro beats, both korg apps, n some others. I have made some killer tracks with garage band. But I would love to import my drumbeats/beats from electro beats into GarageBand to use with the other instruments. I'm also doing all this on my ipad1 ;-)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

alley b good

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Import to GarageBand

I have a track that I want to import to GarageBand from iTunes/iPod on my ipad2 to edit.....How do I do that?

Most reactions

Latest posts