What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For App To Do Customer Notes In The Field

Cruzino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

This is my first post and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I have a dog training business where I meet with my clients in their home. My current process is that I E-mail new clients a questionnaire/release form to print, complete and sign before our first training session. I then review the hard copy of the form with them and after the lesson, I write notes about the session on the back of the form. What I would (ideally) like to do is get a copy of the printed form into my iPad and enter notes into the iPad too. I don't have a scanner in the field and don't want to carry one with me. I would be willing to scan the docs at home on my PC and move them into the iPad or use the camera on the iPad to shoot a pic of each page of the form (4 pages).

Does anyone know of an app that would let me enter data and load the form into the iPad in the field in some way? Ideally I would like the ability to enter the notes right after the lesson and be able to later enter the form from the computer or camera.

I realize there are a lot of note taking apps out there but I can't find one that would let me take notes AND attach a file to it. I need to be able to keep the notes and the scanned/photographed release form together so that each client's notes are paired with their release form.

I hope this makes sense. If not, please reply with your questions and I'll answer them right away.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cruzino said:
Hi Everyone.

This is my first post and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I have a dog training business where I meet with my clients in their home. My current process is that I E-mail new clients a questionnaire/release form to print, complete and sign before our first training session. I then review the hard copy of the form with them and after the lesson, I write notes about the session on the back of the form. What I would (ideally) like to do is get a copy of the printed form into my iPad and enter notes into the iPad too. I don't have a scanner in the field and don't want to carry one with me. I would be willing to scan the docs at home on my PC and move them into the iPad or use the camera on the iPad to shoot a pic of each page of the form (4 pages).

Does anyone know of an app that would let me enter data and load the form into the iPad in the field in some way? Ideally I would like the ability to enter the notes right after the lesson and be able to later enter the form from the computer or camera.

I realize there are a lot of note taking apps out there but I can't find one that would let me take notes AND attach a file to it. I need to be able to keep the notes and the scanned/photographed release form together so that each client's notes are paired with their release form.

I hope this makes sense. If not, please reply with your questions and I'll answer them right away.

Thanks!

I think Notetaker HD would do what you are after. This app allows you to make notes on a PDF document and you can also add attachments to the documents and make additional notes on a virtual notepad (using a stylus or by inputting typing) All the different notes for each client can be kept in their own folder, and I'm pretty sure you can 'staple' documents together. You would scan (as a PDF) the completed form from the client, with or without your additional handwritten notes on it, on to our pc, then email yourself the PDF which you would then open in Notetaker HD for storing and for additional note taking, adding photos, etc.

OP
C

Cruzino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sounds like it'll work. Thanks Jock!

Does anyone else have other suggestions or is this the best option?

Most reactions

Latest posts