What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a good iPad app for recording my labor on various projects

Plan B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My company has a time recording system but the only way to input time is as a sum total for a given charge code for the whole day. The smallest unit we can charge is in tenths (.1 hour = 6 minutes). But it gets hard to track if I work 6 minutes here, 12 minutes there, and then I get a phone call on that same project that lasts 20 minutes. I would be charging to the same company code for all 38 minutes (rounded to nearest tenth), but I may have worked on different aspects of the project for those times.

The company system does not offer a way to notate specific tasks that I worked on and at what times of the day, but in case I am ever audited I would like to be able to produce the detail. I would also like to get a tangible idea of where I'm actually spending my time. Pen/paper, a PDA, Android phone, nothing has worked well thus far. I wonder if there might be an iPad app that could help me.

My iPad is not connected to the company network, so I would need a convenient way to get simple text, word, or spreadsheet reports to my company email address. We do have some restrictions on file sizes and types, but I should be able to effectively use spreadsheets or some other such omnipresent file type found on most Windows computers.

If any such app could receive imports/exports to/from MS-Outlook, that might be a plus, that way I could manage with either my work computer or my iPad and merge the data at a later time.

A few search attempts in the app store (labor, time recording, etc) did not yield any useful targeted results.

Suggestions?

TIA...

OP
P

Plan B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally agree!

That way I would have a comprehensive record. Annoyingly comprehensive, even.

OP
P

Plan B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for the "bump", but I still have trouble finding anything on this. Any thoughts on this?

Ipad4Biz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using Time Master for the past couple of months to track my time (IT consultant) for one of my clients. I love the app. I also purchased their invoicing module which makes end-of-month invoicing easy.

Most reactions