What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a cheap iPad for college anyone know where I can get one cheap

bmeko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need an tablet for college and the ipad2 seemed to be the only I can count on but of course not much money any ideas where I may pick one up cheap.

OP
B

bmeko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I tried they are all over 400.00

rtruett14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Craigslist. I'd be a little cautious though. eBay may also have some, happy hunting!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you should wait a little bit. Since the ipad3 is coming out, who knows how low the ipad2 will go down to. Right now the new iPads are going as low as $70 dollars/refurbs for $80. So maybe a little more waiting might bring it down to your price..and mine!!

OP
B

bmeko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea good idea skim monkey I think I will do that

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regarding buying an iPad from eBay or Craig's List, are there any guidelines or "things to watch for" when buying from a non-Apple source?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

rtruett14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tdrew said:
Regarding buying an iPad from eBay or Craig's List, are there any guidelines or "things to watch for" when buying from a non-Apple source?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

I've never done it, but I'd say just use common sense. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. I'd say eBay is more trustworthy since it's monitored, unlike Craigslist which is just a place to post your own ads. Make sure that the iPad works and doesn't have any problems, etc. Craigslist has its own list of tips and things to watch for on their site. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait until the 3 comes out and buy a 2. Prices will dramatically be reduced.

Do you really "need" one or just an excuse to buy one ;) if you can wait, that would be the best thing to do...

Most reactions

Latest posts