What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longest IPad Power / Sync Cable

macguy79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want the longest power / sync cord for my Ipad. I found one that is 11.5 or 3.5M at made by a company called Hardcore Electronics. I found it on amazon and ebay. Has anyone purchased one yet?

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I,m not sure about a longer power/ sync cord. I just bought an usb extension cord. It gives me an extra 6 ft.

Radar03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never used a longer cable but I do know that USB's max length is 5 meters or just over 16 feet. So I don' t see why you couldn't use that cable or even a USB extender up to a total length of 16 feet.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not used that one, but I do have the extra long ipad plug from apple and I use that with a 6ft sync cable I got, so far 12ft and no issues, so I say go for it!

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my brother advised me that the USB extension is not meant for charging (something about power losses due to the wires being used)... he saw me using it, patiently waiting while my ipad2 was charging too slowly, hehe...

there's a griffin brand being sold in the apple store, try this one out instead, it's 3 meters long... my friend took this pic yesterday while in finland.

Attachments

• image-3280551135.png
    image-3280551135.png
    700.5 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my brother advised me that the USB extension is not meant for charging (something about power losses due to the wires being used)... he saw me using it, patiently waiting while my ipad2 was charging too slowly, hehe...

there's a griffin brand being sold in the apple store, try this one out instead, it's 3 meters long... my friend took this pic yesterday while in finland.

Yes, some USB extension cords lead to slow charging, I've found. I had some lying around the house and tried them out.

OP
M

macguy79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got The Hardcore Electronics 11.5 ft cord in and it works great! The charging didnt take any longer than with the stock cord.:)

Most reactions