What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long term fallout from the Pad format

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
Looks like lots of opinion and little fact. For instance he is claiming that there is a major impact on kindle sales (physical device) but kindle selling so well it is currently sold out. So, that would seem to not be the case.

And while I am not every person, I bought a new netbook to go with my iPad when my last netbook died. I will likely buy a desktop instead of a laptop when my current laptop dies because the netbook and ipad do everything that I need to be mobile.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad has been out less than 6 months. And while the bean counters at One Infinite Loop are probably very happy with the sales figures, 6 months is hardly enough time to say that it is a "trend setting" device.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will likely buy a desktop instead of a laptop when my current laptop dies because the netbook and ipad do everything that I need to be mobile.

+1

I no longer have need for a laptop with my iPad, which means my next "real" computer purchase is likely to be a desktop.. And, as much as I hate to fall for cunning marketing, that desktop will probably be my first real Apple. An iMac. *waves farewell to Microsoft!*

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will likely buy a desktop instead of a laptop when my current laptop dies because the netbook and ipad do everything that I need to be mobile.

+1

I no longer have need for a laptop with my iPad, which means my next "real" computer purchase is likely to be a desktop.. And, as much as I hate to fall for cunning marketing, that desktop will probably be my first real Apple. An iMac. *waves farewell to Microsoft!*

I'm really thinking to switch back also. I used to have Macs in the 80/90ies.

The real tipping point would be an iTablet...

mbradeis

iPF Noob
Reaction score

+1

I am considering doing the same, I am so tired of Microsoft and all of the issues!!!!

SPC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Specifically, what MS issues are you having? Might be able to help.

I love my iPad and iPhones - but I honestly have to say Windows 7 is much more stable than the 2i's. I reboot my iPad every week or so when it locks up and the phone is finicky like most portable devices. Win 7 on a well setup desktop is a strong competitor to the current iMacs.

mbradeis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For work we have windows mobile devices and they are horrible. Constantly hanging, have to restart them all the time. We are Verizon Wireless by contract, we have demo'd some Droids, and they seem to be better.

As far as real Windows I have an HP desktop at home and biggest issues I have with that is randomly will change screen resolution to 800X600 and only a restart will correct it. It is running Vista and have been told that may be the issue, however I do not use it enough to spend $ to upgrade to Windows 7. I think it is crap that Microsoft has the nerve to charge Vista owners to upgrade to fix their known issues.

So that is why I am done with Microsoft, next home computer will be an Apple.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this my take on the subect of ipad .. the biggest reason why ipad is a home run for the apple is the simple fact of how easly it is to use and second for a lot of the socalled non computer user have found that the ipad a starting point in there path to useing a basic computer type device.

as far as the main computer issue of windows or mac is the fact that i do not have to have diff monthly updates on a mac o.s system like the windows system along with for what iam useing the mac for ..1-useing the computer to check my emails and do some internet shopping and websurfing of the sites i like ..2-interfaced with the ipad for the updates and downloading apps from itunes .3-watching tv on my imac for my imac screen doubles as my tv also..4-some basic heavy duty programs that i need for work on the desktop .. that about it for what i use the desktop for

everyone here has a diff idea about the ipad and how they use it in there life..:ipad-front:

Last edited:
OP
H

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm been thinking of retiring my quadcore and buying a macmini to complement my iPad. I just don't need the heavy lifting power and i sure could do with reclaiming some deskspace.....

Most reactions