What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

London Times Paper App ... ????

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is going on?

I'm extremely unhappy with my Times paper app. It seems to just get worse and worse with each upgrade and is extremely irritating to download.
I am a long time TIMES reader both in print and the digital format.

Is anybody else having problems with their London TIMES app?

The present TIMES app is taking far too long to download each day or doesn't download at all.
I use to look forward to my morning paper being there ready for me to read early each morning. Now that the app has been moved to newsstand it doesn't automatically download for the reader. If it is a lucky day and the app does commence downloading, I am then expected to wait ages for its latest edition to download, often requiring several attempts throughout the day before I finally get it working.

I don't have endless time to wait and wait for downloads that often just freeze.
Lately, it isn't until late in the evening when I finally have the time it takes to wait for downloads of my paper and then at this point, I'm too tired to read all sections.

Am I the only one who is feeling ripped off paying for my Times and Sunday Times paper in digital format?

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does nobody on this forum use the London Times app?
Can't say I blame you. It use to be wonderful when it first came out :(

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does nobody on this forum use the London Times app?
Can't say I blame you. It use to be wonderful when it first came out :(

I've used it occasionally, but not regularly enough to be annoyed. If I were annoyed by an app, I'd contact the developer, or in this case the Times. Complaining on this forum isn't going to help. You might consider going to their Facebook page, if they have one, and posting your complaint. If other users are bugged by the app, maybe they'll join you in a chorus, which is more likely to lead to results. Who knows? Maybe there already are others like you, who've complained there, and you'd help boost their volume.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a long time user of The Times App. I've not had any of the problems that you describe, maybe an email to them might find the problem.

The Archangel

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for your input.
I have contacted the Times twice and have not received a response from them.
Wrote to: [email protected]

I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account.

The app worked fine for me, up until the point that they joined news stand.
Gabriel, I don't understand why the app is working fine for you and not me?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for your input.
I have contacted the Times twice and have not received a response from them.
Wrote to: [email protected]

I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account.

The app worked fine for me, up until the point that they joined news stand.
Gabriel, I don't understand why the app is working fine for you and not me?

If you go to this link http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/digital/article3681225.ece they have a live chat feature, it seems to be much better for getting their attention.

The Archangel

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Gabriel. I'll give them a call.

Well called ... offices are now closed.
Call tomorrow between 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts