What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loncon 3, the 72nd World Science Fiction Convention

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are a few more photos from the convention.
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The results of the site selection voting for the 74th World Science Fiction Convention in 2017 have been released. Kansas City has won the bidding. The convention will be known as Midamericon 2 and will take place on August 17th to 21st.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The results of the site selection voting for the 74th World Science Fiction Convention in 2017 have been released. Kansas City has won the bidding. The convention will be known as Midamericon 2 and will take place on August 17th to 21st.
-

Well, you'll be a LOT closer to home! :)

I've been to Kansas City just once (a medical meeting years ago) - famous for early jazz in the 1930s, e.g. Count Basie, Lester Young, Charlie Parker, and many others - a friend & I went to a 'blues club' one night - Dave :)

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The audience is slowly entering the auditorium to watch the Hugo Award ceremony.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In 1984 I went to the first digicon in Vancouver. There were hardly any people attending, just a smattering! But up on stage was George Lucas and co computer graphics guys! It was amazing to me! I had just finished 2 courses in computer graphics programming and design! I was SO psyched !!! A month later I broke my back:(.
Oh well, my dream of laying down and using a computer has finally come true!:) You must be having a WONDERFUL time scifan, I'm not envious but it brought back a great memory!! Thank you for including us!:):)

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey scifan, I couldn't help but notice that at the closing ceremonies EVERYONE looks SPACED OUT! :p:D PUN intended!!!!!
Well, it was after five days of a very intensive convention program, after all.:D

Most reactions

Latest posts