What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Log This shortcut

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Another shortcut I’ve created lets me dictate a short message which is appended to a text file with the date and time attached. I needed this so that I could quckly record things like my mother’s oxegen level and pulse rate when I was away from a pad and pencil. I go back later and add them to the hard copy log book

The first shorcut does the recording.
捷径

The second shortcut lets you take a quick look at the file.
捷径

These work best if you pair them with a Siri Shortcut phrase. That way I can tell Siri something like “Log This” wait for the beep, then dictate my information.

The text files are stored in iCloud under the Shorcuts app. Each month a new file is generated in the format “Log This yyyymmdd”

I tried adding a location tag to the shortcut, and it worked, but there was a huge delay while the iPhone looked up the location making it unusable.

Note: I have no idea why the links got converted to whatever that is; but they still work.

Most reactions