What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock down iPad for use

spottydog75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to lock down an iPad so that only certain apps can be accessed? I'd like to use my iPad on a stand at an exhibition- the pad will be mounted on a plinth and used to demonstrate some software/HTML web apps, but I don't want a member of the public coming up and browsing the web, visiting Facebook or playing angry birds! I also don't want to uninstall any apps. Am willing to pay for a solution.

Thanks in advance

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
iOS 6 will come... (see https://www.apple.com/ipad/ios/)

[h=2]It comes with built-in parental controls.[/h] Parental controls built into iOS help you manage just about everything your child can do on iPad. Set custom restrictions for Safari, Camera, FaceTime, Game Center, YouTube, Location Services, and more. Even manage access to stuff you’ve already purchased from the iTunes Store and App Store.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
There's no need to pay for this solution.

Check out this thread for instructions on "Guided Access".

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Another vote for this. I saw this recently and was amazed at its usefulness. I was thinking of buying an iPad mini, making a wall mount in my kitchen and using only Safari as a recipe/wine "kiosk".

Most reactions

Latest posts