What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

matching iPad for my use

zirus69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear iPadFORUM,

I am looking around because I want to buy an iPad .... maybe even a second hand one.
I dont need the latest and greatest. I am many times on business trip around the world and I want to get a 3G one with around 32GB but I don't know which generation.
I like to have GPS, reading books and Emails and surf a little bit during waiting at the airport but I am definitely NOT a gamer (maybe just one game of angry birds or plants vs. zombies to kill some time). I like to use skype and facetime (jailbreak solution OK). In General: Batterie life is more important than performance,

Which iPad generation could you suggest me?

Thanks!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Zirus69 - welcome to the forum! :) I've owned an iPad2 for just over 2 years which still meets my needs; at the moment there are just 3 iPads (i.e. new ones) available, i.e. iPad2, iPad4, & iPad Mini - check the specifications HERE - if you do not need the higher screen resolution of the iPad4 nor the much better rear camera, then an iPad 2 may be fine for you. Also consider the size of the standard iPads vs. the Mini - best to visit an Apple store and check each size out for yourself (my wife has the Mini and loves it!).

As to pricing, there will be marked variations depending on source of purchase, new vs. used vs. refurbished, iPad generation, & amount of memory. You will need to look at offerings at the Apple store (new & refurbished, latter would be my choice if you want a used one) and probably can get other price ranges on Amazon, eBay, etc. Also look at the specs in the link above concerning the cellular options; there are some differences between the older & newer models. Good look and I'm sure others will 'chime in' w/ their preferences & opinions - Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts