What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Location of Archieved emails?

chseyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know where Archived emails are stored? I archived a message thinking it would be stored in a new folder, but nada.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you using gmail?

When you archive messages in gmail, they disappear from your inbox, but are visible when you go to "all mail". You can also search gmail.

My other email clients don't allow for archiving, so that's the best I can manage for you.

Hope it helps.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iCloud also has an Archive option. It is hidden in the Advanced Mail settings. I stumbled across it the other day. When it is turned on a new Archive folder will be created in the account. It has a little brown box icon instead of the normal folder icon. When the feature is on all deleted emails are automatically stored in the Archive.

Once the folder is created it appears to be permanent. I turned Archive back off (after testing) and deleted all the email in it. The folder remains. but it does stop saving the deleted emails.

OP
C

chseyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! Yes I'm using gmail and no it doesn't reside in the All Mail inbox. Yes I can retrieve the message from gmail, I guess I thought Archieve was an iPad function. I guess iCloud is the solution if I want to Archieve.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Strange. I've never been able to keep email out of GMail's All Mail folder, even with Archive turned off.

Check your mail setting on the GMail site as well. Your answer may be there.

Most reactions

Latest posts