What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locating my backup files on iTunes

brianmahon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I have recently upgraded my iPad 1 to OS 5.0.1. I have a PC running Vista where iTunes is installed. In the process I took a back up before proceeding. The upgrade proved problematic but I got thorugh it after several attempts however I use an App called iThoughts (mindmapping tool) a lot for work and all of the files are now gone. I have looked on the iThoughts website which gives instructions on how to extract the specific mindmap files if you can locate the backup file on iTunes. However, I don't appear to have the standard folder structure as indicated on many websites i.e. \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\ On mine it is \Users\(username)\Roaming and that's it! So where could my backup file be? I have tried to find the file extension online so I can do a seach on the hard drive but can't seem to find that information either... Can anyone help me locate the backup file so I can get my iThoughts files back? Brian

jimearth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this: In Windows Explorer select Tools. Under the General tab, click "Show all folders". This should let you see AppData. I have Win7. Hope Vista works the same for you.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
•Can’t open the iThoughts export (ITMZ file) using my desktop App
iThoughts stores its information in ITMZ files - these cannot be opened by any other App. To create a Desktop App compatible file the appropriate format must be selected specifically (see here for supported formats.)

Taken from web sitehttp://www.ithoughts.co.uk/iThoughtsHD/FAQ.html

Suggest you use Explorer to search for these file extensions.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts