What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loading files.

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
dspoverseas.proboards.com
I need to master the art of transferring files by cable, I've used up 4gb in a few days just messing around with my Win7 PC and new iPad with Dropbox and as I currently use a wifi connection it's expensive.
I'm buying a camera card connector this week so I'll be trying to use that as well.
I'm just not sure how to use the cable to transfer files like videos and audio.
Simple little steps please.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, for starters you can use GoodReader. It has the ability to copy files to and from your computer over your home wi-fi network; or if you don't have one of those you can use the GoodReader USB app on the computer itself.

Once the file is in GoodReader you can use the Open In… option to copy the file to your other apps, which is probably how you are doing it from DropBox. The main difference is that you'll be duplicating files on the iPad, leaving you with some cleanup/deleting to do in GoodReader when done.

The setup and options are fairly well explained on GoodReader's site and online users guide.

There are a multitude of other apps that can do what you want. GoodReader is just the one I'm most familiar with. It's a handy multitool kind of app, so you may find other uses for it too, down the line.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I need to master the art of transferring files by cable, I've used up 4gb in a few days just messing around with my Win7 PC and new iPad with Dropbox and as I currently use a wifi connection it's expensive.
I'm buying a camera card connector this week so I'll be trying to use that as well.
I'm just not sure how to use the cable to transfer files like videos and audio.
Simple little steps please.
Transferring iPad to PC or PC to iPad?

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use the camera connection kit to transfer photos and video's from the a USB stick or SD (or micro-sd with the adaptor) to your iPad. You cannot transfer files from your iPad to other stuff. Also you can transfer photos or videos from your iphone to your iPad, but not the other way around.
USB stick, or SD card > iPad
iPhone > iPad
Camera > iPad
You can't copy files from your iPad to other device.

Most reactions