What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best software for wifi file transfer

OP
NickHillUK

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Yeah, accessing the iPad via SSH is a jailbreak feature. And, it is much better than GoodReaderUSB - cause you really DON'T need iTunes!

However, it's not possible if you're not jailbroken. Sorry.

Marilyn

I'm on an iPad 2 running 4.3.3, so jailbreak isn't possible for me....

iWant my iCloud

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Yeah, accessing the iPad via SSH is a jailbreak feature. And, it is much better than GoodReaderUSB - cause you really DON'T need iTunes!

However, it's not possible if you're not jailbroken. Sorry.

Marilyn

I'm on an iPad 2 running 4.3.3, so jailbreak isn't possible for me....

That's right.:( There is no JB for iPad2.

Yet.:D

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's why GoodReaderUSB is so awesome for non-jailbroke iPads. Anything you can get into Goodreader, you can get off with GoodReaderUSB.

For example, I have an epub e-book. Goodreader can't read epubs. But, I can use Goodreader to access Dropbox, download the epub and then use GoodReaderUSB to put it on the PC.

And it's fast! Took that long [snaps fingers] to copy a 25.6 megabyte MP4 video from my iPad to the PC just now. Even faster to delete the video (on the iPad) now that I'm done testing...

Oh, and the Goodreader app does not have to be open on your iPad for GoodReaderUSB on your PC to "see" the files in it.

Note that you can do file transfers wirelessly with Goodreader, also, they are just s--l--o--w. Best to use the USB cable...

Marilyn

[Who is mad at herself for forgetting about how easy GoodReaderUSB is for transfering files back and forth... Thanks, NickHillUK, for reminding me of it!]

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh... My apologies NickHill... :(
I didn't realize that you were on iPad2.

Never used it, but I hear good things about The Dropbox app. If anyone has used it then please leave a comment, it could help Nick out! :D

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have tried loads of apps for transferring files from my computer to my iPad using wifi with varying success in terms of reliable transfer and speed.

What do you use, is it reliable, how fast is it, can you queue files, can you then open files easily in other apps?

If you use disk aid an a cable how fast/reliable is that (not wifi I know) - do you need to install iTunes anyway for the USB connection to work?

I don't mind spending money as long as it is on the right software.

All sensible replies gratefully received.

Nick

Sent using iPF on my 64GB wifi iPad 2 - w00t!

If using diskaid then also look for fileapp pro from the app store for wifi transfer made by the same company.

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
Is there any way to transfer files from my ipad to iphone 3g?

To answer the question you'll need to be clear on a couple of things:

1. What kind of files do you want to transfer?
2. What method do you want to use to do it? E.g USB cable, wireless

The are a lot of ways to be honest! But I need to be clear how you want to do it. :)

skywalker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Polkast is the Best and fast files transfer from PC to iPad and iPhone

A friend have told me about Polkast, your personal and secure cloud on the internet. Polkast is a software that can convert your PC onto your personal cloud, kinda like your own iCloud. You can access all the files on your PCs directly from your iPad/iPhone/Android. Super fast! I have always wanted and search for something like that. Compared to most everything else, this ROCKS. NO syncing, NO uploading, NO headaches. Now I can share TV programs and movies I love with my family and friends. It's still free check it out.

Johnny223

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far I am happy with using OrganiDoc for WiFi file transfer... it also does a whole lot of other things.

Most reactions