What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live music composer app?

jakeLowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a looking for an app that I can use in a live performance situation similar to GarageBand but something with a UI that is more designed for live performance, big buttons to control things like tempo, effects and accompaniments on the fly. I'd like to have the ability to bring in my own recordings as accompaniments and change them on the fly. For example a bass and rhythm guitar playing over some loops, then at anytime I can change one or all three on these pieces to something else I recorded and or there tempo. I'd also like to be able to control the effects on my guitar live through this app. I have the peavy ampkit that i'll use to plug my guitar into my iPad.

Thanks

OP
J

jakeLowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found iSequence to be some what close to my needs. I'll keep looking.

I my have to create my own app for this.

OP
J

jakeLowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
groovemaker looks ok but I don't think you can import your own wav files

looptastic looks good too and you can import your own stuff.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I know nothing useful, but I'll be watching to see what you come up with. I love music toys, even if my talents are limited to annoying people with a recorder.

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Music Studio is one of the best sequencing apps out there.

Cheers,

OP
J

jakeLowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GarageBand is it!

I'm able to creating tracks on the fly and record them on the fly. The instruments are crazy good. All I need was a $30 peavey input.

This is worth the $350 for my iPad in itself. One guitar stomp pedal is easily $100. The iPad with gb can do way more then a few effects pedals.

Anyway iPad with gb has changed how I create and perform music forever.

One feature I'd love to see is to be able to have other guys sync up there gb iPad app with mine so we can jam in time.

Can we save out our own loops?

Most reactions

Latest posts