What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't find a MIDI app that meets my needs!!!

dma5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I've been looking around for weeks!

I'm in a band and we have a current MIDI setup:
Laptop with Cubase LE 4 loaded which is used for all MIDI triggers. We only use Program Change. This is to control our guitar players BOSS GT-6 effects pedal.
Connected to the laptop is a MIDI Sport 2X2 device to allow the MIDI connections to the pedal.
What I do is I create a MIDI track in Cubase and begin to add the Program Change values at every bar where I need the guitar effects to change (ex, from distortion to clean). I also set the tempo for that song and have the click track play during playback. This setup works great, BUT, im tired of lugging around my laptop.

So, I'm looking for fan app that can use control change on a timeline and allow me to set the tempo and also have a click track (metronome) play at the same time. Any one see something like this? Am I asking for too much?

I figure if Cubase and ProTools can do this, why can't an app do this?

thanks,
Allen

Most reactions

Latest posts