What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live coverage from San Francisco Apple Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can just imagine the scene as they open the doors, something like an old Jerry Lewis movie with blue haired old ladies rushing the poor store folks attempting to maintain order.

Have a great time and enjoy the full experience at the store!!!!

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read on a local blog that both Austin locations will not allow you to line up outside before 7:00AM..

"Both Barton Creek Mall and The Domain have announced that no one will be allowed to line up outside the Apple Stores prior to 7:00 AM so go ahead and have that second cup of coffee."

Dan: Did you get yours yet? I am still waiting! It is 1:38 p.m. Mine was at Dulles Aitport at 7:46 a.m. Maybe you are playing now.

Dana

OP
Max

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Just google ' Max Ackermann iPad ' !

Theres over 9000 hits already thanks to associated press, they left out the ipadforums.net part for some reasons that somewhat seem obvious but still wierd.

However, when showing off my ipad to several news station cameras guess what was on my screen! :)

dsc07120.jpg

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just google ' Max Ackermann iPad ' !

Theres over 9000 hits already thanks to associated press, they left out the ipadforums.net part for some reasons that somewhat seem obvious but still wierd.

However, when showing off my ipad to several news station cameras guess what was on my screen! :)

dsc07120.jpg

Max yet is : Results 1 - 10 of about 10,600 for Max Ackermann iPad. (0.16 seconds)

you're popularity will explode soon :)

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Max, that is so cool! Thanks for representing for the forum and it looks like it's been a pretty cool day for you :)

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our San Antonio (LaCantera) store will not be open on Easter Sunday, and since Husband refused to mingle with the melay there, I'm going to go by myself on Monday. It's about an hour drive from the ranch, but I'm going to also hit the store in North Star Mall and probably Best Buy as well. Might as well get a Total Immersion! So far, am sticking to my 3G decision, but am beginning to feel a bit shakey.

OP
Max

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
It was a rocking day, very tiresome. But cool as southern bells in the winter!!

Its an awesome device and I cant wait to see where it takes us, especially when they add worldtime and alarm function to it.....LOL. :)

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang Max, you're world famous now :eek:

OP
Max

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com

He still wasn't first in line. The media also interviewed those who did not pre-order the iPad (and who were actually first in line to buy one, like my friend Gabe).

Why dont you tell everybody what you were really doing there!!
And the whole world knew that no iPads were going to be sold to the public until the reserved and preordered ones (first 10 I think) were sold. You and your friends had neither, so eventhou you were sitting where you were, there never was a shitstains chance on Luke Skywalkers pants that you actually was first!
Did you tell the media how you were dying to get yours, and that this day was a milestone in tablet history and that the iPad is the coolest thing right now?

Naah....why dont you tell everybody what you were doing there for real!

Last edited:

AuDioFreaK39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

He still wasn't first in line. The media also interviewed those who did not pre-order the iPad (and who were actually first in line to buy one, like my friend Gabe).

Why dont you tell everybody what you were really doing there!!
And the whole world knew that no iPads were going to be sold to the public until the reserved and preordered ones (first 10 I think) were sold. You and your friends had neither, so eventhou you were sitting where you were, there never was a shitstains chance on Lukes Skywalkers pants that you actually was first!
Did you tell the media how you were dying to get yours, and that this day was a milestone in tablet history and that the iPad is the coolest thing right now?

Naah....why dont you tell everybody what you were doing there for real!

=====================================================

Why I won't buy an iPad (and think you shouldn't, either) - Boing Boing
"The real issue isn't the capabilities of the piece of the iPad, but the technical and social infrastructure that
accompanies it."

iPad goes on sale, crowd goes wild | VentureBeat

"This being San Francisco, there are also a few protesters. Jon Worrel, who writes at Fudzilla.com, camped out overnight to tell the media why he’s not buying an iPad because he doesn’t like the way Apple controls its platforms."

http://venturebeat.com/2010/04/03/joojoo-reviewed-by-people-in-line-for-ipads/

Enough said.

OP
Max

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Are you positively sure you're in the right forum?? I know for a fact that you guys were the laughingstock of the night! But hey, this is America right?! So keep it up!:)

Im gonna close this thread now, because its getting to the point of being somewhat silly!
Just like Uncle Owen thinking that Luke should stay on the farm silly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions