What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

List ALL of your apps

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did this on the Droid Forum with our Moto Droids and it was a HUGE success, so I thought I'd try it here. A lot of the threads you see are like "name the best" etc. And sometimes just seeing a list of ALL sparks people's memory. If it's not obvious or a common app like Weatherbug or Urbanspoon, list what it does.

Apps:

• Jailbroken with Cydia and Rock...Cydia/Rock has some apps that iTunes does not have...like SNES4iPhone with WiiMote support.

• Full Force (must have a jailbroken iPad. This forces some iPhone apps into iPad mode...not 2x mode but a high-res iPad mode)

• AppAdvice (some decent articles about new apps for the iPad/iPhone - you can go into settings to have it only show iPad apps)

• Early Edition (organizing RSS feeds into a newspaper like format)

• iBooks (this is obvious...but it should be mentioned that you could use Calibre a free program to convert some books to ePub and just drag and drop them into your library and they'll show up so long as they aren't DRM protected)

• Goodreader (allows you to view just about any file on your iPad, and if you go to Apps then Goodreader in iTunes you can import them on your computer...I have all of my military awards and necessary manuals etc for easy access)

• Lose It (this is an iPhone app that I use to keep track of calories and food and exercise from each day...does not work with full force)

• iWorks Suite (basically a light version of Excel, Word, and Powerpoint...all of which you can add documents like Goodreader, through iTunes)

• Print Central (not the most amazing app, but it does allow you to print from your iPad via their mail, browser, and file program with software installed on your desktop)

• Weatherbug (this was the best weather app that I found, it's probably all a matter of preference)

• Todo (simple to do list)

• Facebook (it's the iPhone Facebook app which works GREAT with Full Force)

• IM+ (integrate all your IM clients into one, including Facebook chat. I bought this for when I go overseas, I can still chat with my wife)

• textPlus (allows me to text so long as my WiFi connection is active)

• Whistle (allows me to call over VOIP with WiFi...must listen to a 10 second ad at the beginning of the call before it connects. The number given to you when you sign up can also be called if your app is open)

• CyDelete (Must be jailbroken. Allows you to uninstall apps the same way you would as if they were purchased from iTunes with the little wiggle/x)

• SBSettings (Must be jailbroken...swipe the status bar to quickly turn off/on wifi, BT, etc)

• iWikiHD

• IMDb

• Dictionary

• Jumbo Calculator

• SpringJumps (allows you to jump directly to a certain page in one click, MUST be jailbroken)

• PayPal (the iPhone app, but only half works with Full Force)

• USAA (the iPhone app, does NOT work with Full Force)

• Google Earth (works completely with Full Force)

• WebMD

• Pandora

• Kayak (search for flights)

• Touchboard (like a dry erase board, I use it when I am trying to explain something, like a layout of a house or something)

• Fandango (works with Full Force)

• Urbanspoon

• Photobucket

• Tips and Tricks HD for iPad - AWESOME app...for 99 cents you might learn how to do some stuff with your iPad...like holding down the period key brings up .com, .net, etc

• Springback (must be jailbroken, backs up your springboard so when iTunes screws up your app order you can just restore instead of moving everything)

• Categories (must be jailbroken, allows you to put your apps into folders, but unfortunately the folders only pop up in portrait and don't scale even with Full Force. It also allows you to hide icons on the springboard, like iTunes etc)

• iFile (Must be jailbroken, allows you to manage your iPad files)

Games:

• Crosswords (somewhat expensive for an app at 10 bucks, but you get free crosswords from a million different newspapers forever...and great interface)

• Angry Birds

• Pinball HD

• Final Fantasy 1&2 (iPhone app that works on iPad)

• Broken Sword HD (point and click adventure)

• 10 Pin Shuffle (bowling and shuffleboard, can be played wirelessly or pass n play)

• Scrabble (can play over the network or pass n play)

• SNES4iPhone (Works with the WiiMote if you are jailbroken, does not work with Full Force)

• Plants vs. Zombies HD

• Tower Madness HD (tower defense game)

• Bebbled (one of those games where you eliminate the little bubble things by matching colors)

• Cogs HD (sort of reminds me of the Incredible Machine, only with just cogs and steam pipes and whatnot)

• Pirate Bay HD (line drawing game where you have to move the ships to take out the enemy trying to attack your fort)

• Game of Life (iPhone app)

• Flight Control HD (land planes in line drawing fashion)

• Harbor Havoc 3D (iPhone app, does not work with Full Force...another line drawing game)

• iSpadez

• Befuddled HD (make words to eliminate tiles...sort of like Bebbled vs. Scrabble)

• Dungeon HD (Diablo for the iPad)

• Asphalt 5 (racing game)

• Let's Golf HD

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I just don't have the time or energy to do this....

But I will have the time and energy to see what everyone else has

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
You say Dungeon HD... I assume you mean Dungeon Hunter (which I have) because if it as any of the Diablo clones I have to have it... on that subject, do you have Underworlds? A pretty good Diablo clone... but I can't beat it because of a bug in a quest.... makes me scream in the night....

Krew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My list isn't very big so far :) but here it is:

Apps:

• iBooks (Apple's eBook store and reader. I like it) Free

• Comics (by Comixology, its a comic book store and reader and its fully awesome) Free

• Marvel Comics (Comic book store and reader) Free

• IMDB (Movie database) Free

• Kindle (Amazon's Kindle app which allows you to buy and read kindle ebooks on the iPad. It works really good and its easy, and Amazon has a lot more books then the Apple store and there cheaper. I like the "feel" of the iBooks app better tho) Free

• Dragon Dictation (This is so cool u just talk and it turns whatever you say into text and then you can copy and paste it into email or whatever) Free

• Surf Report (This is an iPhone App. It gives an up to date report on surfing conditions at tons of places and this is a fully awesome app) Free

• Weather HD (Shows what the weather is in tons of different cities around the world. It gives a 3 hour forecast or a 7 day forecast and it has a nice HD graphic of what the weather is) Free

• Pocket Pond (This is a kinda cool app that is like having a little fishing pond on your iPad. It has like pond sounds and you can touch the water and make it ripple and stuff like that) Free

• Skateboard Tricktionary (A big dictionary of skateboarding tricks) Free

• BBC News (Well its BBC world news with radio and articles) Free

• Pages (This is a word processor from Apple. Its kinda expensive and kinda basic but it works good for writing notes and papers or working on homework or whatever.) $9.99

• Jumbo Calculator (Just a big calculator for iPad) Free

• Sketchbook Pro (This is an awesome app to make art with) $7.99

• iWax Surfboards (This is a really simple app for like if you cant go surfing and ur stuck somewhere u can wax your digital surfboard and stay stoked) $.99
Games:

(None yet! How lame is that? LOL)

Anyway so far that's basically it. I've been having so much fun watchin videos and reading comics and stuff that I haven't put a lot of apps or games on my iPad yet.

Last edited:
OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You say Dungeon HD... I assume you mean Dungeon Hunter (which I have) because if it as any of the Diablo clones I have to have it... on that subject, do you have Underworlds? A pretty good Diablo clone... but I can't beat it because of a bug in a quest.... makes me scream in the night....
Yeah that's what I meant, I never remember what it's actually called. I definitely don't want to download a game I can't beat.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
@Krew - Comixology yes... even reads comics from....err........well from the dark side.... The Marvel app is $1.99 a comic.... insane.....

You need some games... what kind of games do you like on PC/Mac or console? I bet we can help you pick out a few iPad games you would like.....

Krew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Krew - Comixology yes... even reads comics from....err........well from the dark side....

Hmm. I dont know where the dark side is. lol.

You need some games... what kind of games do you like on PC/Mac or console? I bet we can help you pick out a few iPad games you would like.....

I like RPGs and strategy games. Well and MMORPGs. Right now I've been playing Dragon Age a lot on the PC. Have you ever played it? It is soooooooo amazingly good. HOURS of fun. and they keep expanding it.

candafilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPhone so I have a ton of apps for it, but I'll spare that list. I am waiting on my iPad right now, but I've already gotten a few apps from iTunes and they are waiting on my computer.

-LogMeIn Ignition (Pricey, but a great virtual desktop app, use it on my iPhone but it will be much better on the iPad)
-Pandora (Is there a Last.fm app for iPad yet?)
-ABC Player
-Adobe Ideas
-AP News
-Godfinger
-GoodReader
-Keynote
-Netflix (the app I'm most excited about)
-NPR
-Numbers
-New York Times
-Pages
-Time
-Tweetdeck
-Wikipanion

I know I'll have much, much more when I actually get it.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have:

Category: Productivity, News and Other

• AirVideo (Watch and convert videos on your PC or Mac) $2.99
  • BlueCam for iPad (Share iPhone camera on iPad) $1
  • Google Mobile
  • iTeleport (Remote access to your PC or Mac) $24.99
  • Marvel Comics (comics) Free
  • NewsRack (RSS News and Twitter Reader) $4.99
  • Toodledoo (Todo list, syncs remotely) $2.99
  • Trails (GPS for Hikers, Snow sports) $3.99
  • 20 Minuten Blick (Swiss News Magazine) $Free
  • Big Calculator (Calculator) Free
  • iBooks (obvious) Free
  • GoodReader (lots of file formats reader and downloader) $1
  • iSigns HD (signs) Free
  • NPR for iPad (News) Free
  • Todo for iPad (better than Toodledoo, but syncs with it) $4.99
  • NYT Editor's Choice (News) Free
  • PaperDesk (i forget, haven't really tried it out, hehe) $1.99
  • USA Today (News) Free
  • Weatherbug Elite (Weather) Free
  • Pocket Pond HD (Fish pond) Free
  • Wired Magazine (Magazine) $tupidly Expensive
  • Wall Street Journal (News) Free
Art and Music

• Adobe Ideas (Quick Sketches) Free
  • ArtStudio (Drawing) $2.99
  • AutoDesk Sketchbook Pro (Excellent Art/Drawing Program) $7.99
  • GrooveMaker Free for iPad (DJ/Music Looping) Free
  • GrooveMaker House for iPad (DJ/Music Looping) $9.99
  • KORG iELECTRIBE (Electronic Music Looping) $9.99

Games

• Underworld Ultimate (Diablo Clone) $1.99
  • X-Plane for iPad (Flight Simulator) $9.99
  • BioDefense HD (Game) $1
iPhone Apps that I can't live without

• Yahoo! Music
  • N.O.V.A (FPS Game) $4.99
  • iGo Navigation (Navigational System) $94.99
Highlighted in bold are my absolute favorites.

Krew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Numblock I see you have the Marvel app. Have you checked out the Comic app by Comixology? I have both of them and I like the Comixology one a lot because theres a lot more series of comics there. (and different series then whats on Marvel, and a lot of the same series, but not all). I got the Kick-Ass series on Comixology and its awesome :)

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
@Numblock I notice you have Underworlds :D

Are you at the end of chapter 2 yet? If so.... there is a bug they claim to have fixed in the "blacksmith" quest and the quest having to do with the mines..... I still cannot get past it.... To me Underworlds "feels" more like Diablo than Dungeon Hunter... and therefore for me a better atmosphere... but, the quest bugs just slay me....

And +1 to Krew above....

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I have an iPhone so I have a ton of apps for it, but I'll spare that list. I am waiting on my iPad right now, but I've already gotten a few apps from iTunes and they are waiting on my computer.

-LogMeIn Ignition (Pricey, but a great virtual desktop app, use it on my iPhone but it will be much better on the iPad)
-Pandora (Is there a Last.fm app for iPad yet?)
-ABC Player
-Adobe Ideas
-AP News
-Godfinger
-GoodReader
-Keynote
-Netflix (the app I'm most excited about)
-NPR
-Numbers
-New York Times
-Pages
-Time
-Tweetdeck
-Wikipanion

I know I'll have much, much more when I actually get it.

You have a pretty sweet set there....err..... what I mean is a good set of basic apps.... and yes when you get it you will want to expand....I do not watch TV or movies... .but yes ... people are saying that netflix on the iPad is nirvana.... I do know the screen is sweet....

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey Numblock I see you have the Marvel app. Have you checked out the Comic app by Comixology? I have both of them and I like the Comixology one a lot because theres a lot more series of comics there. (and different series then whats on Marvel, and a lot of the same series, but not all). I got the Kick-Ass series on Comixology and its awesome :)

No, I haven't tried it - I'm not even sure that I'd like comics on the iPad. I'm just testing the waters for the moment.

I'll give the Comixology a try though - thanks for the tip!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@Numblock I notice you have Underworlds :D

Are you at the end of chapter 2 yet? If so.... there is a bug they claim to have fixed in the "blacksmith" quest and the quest having to do with the mines..... I still cannot get past it.... To me Underworlds "feels" more like Diablo than Dungeon Hunter... and therefore for me a better atmosphere... but, the quest bugs just slay me....

And +1 to Krew above....

Actually I think I bought it because you recommended it in another thread. :D I'll have to admit I haven't even started yet, hehe.

Most reactions