What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Like the new Layout!

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
found the like button, but am i doing something wrong, when i press it the like symbol appears in the post, but the like count system doesnt change!?
from looking at a few posts it looks like only mods get counted, it may be a techie thing on permission rights.
Take Johny Apple as an example, he has 2 likes, but when you click on his count it says zero likes. as for F4780y he has 2 likes, both from Mods......can only certain classes of members do this??

Last edited:

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting used to it. I wish the font was a little larger. But then I guess I have 3 lines in my glasses for a reason:)

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
I like the new layout. I would like a little bit bigger font too.

When I cllick on "+Reply to Thread" goes to "Quick Reply", rather than to a bigger reply section. Is this correct? I can just move the cursor to the quck reply section and save a step.

Good job everyone.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
found the like button, but am i doing something wrong, when i press it the like symbol appears in the post, but the like count system doesnt change!?
from looking at a few posts it looks like only mods get counted, it may be a techie thing on permission rights.
Take Johny Apple as an example, he has 2 likes, but when you click on his count it says zero likes. as for F4780y he has 2 likes, both from Mods......can only certain classes of members do this??

I just found the button, I didn't check the count.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe a glitch with the aesthetics with mobile browsers or just me but the thread ratings "stars" are overlapped with page #s if thread has multiple pages
4a5f96a1.jpg

It looks fine in my subscribed threads section though with threads that have multiple ratings....

Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the new look too! When I first logged onto the forum with my new iPad2 I thought the difference was the hardware! This looks good on the IPad 1 too.

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks pretty good... still checking it out. Does look like an iPAD2 forum when you first log on - with all the little iPAD2's showing on the screen.

Chiky

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Im getting used to the new look,could we have bigger green ticks in posts we have participated in,like in the apple forum? Thank you,keep up the good work.......forget that,just noticed they are bigger now,must have read my mind lol.........thats strange,back on my mbp this morning and the green ticks are minute,so back to my request,can they be made bigger?

Last edited:

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wonder why some posts (referring to current / new posts) that are shown in the ipf app aren't shown in the safari version? and vice versa...

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
88raymond said:
i wonder why some posts (referring to current / new posts) that are shown in the ipf app aren't shown in the safari version? and vice versa...

I don't use safari really, but I have noticed it in the app sometimes where someone will refer to a post and I don't have it showing. Something mysterious happening

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Safari, too, in the thread overview 'view', if a thread has many pages, the final page icon can be covered by other icons, such as the attachment icon, so there's no way to go directly to the final page of that thread. And still no fix for the lack of word wrap in the text box in Safari...

But at least the 'subscribed' threads 'tick' is no longer microscopic!!

So, still some work to do....

Tim

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since the change, I am unable to start or reply to a thread from my iPad 2. I can't get the keyboard to come up. It will come up OK for the Title field or the Trackback field, but not in the main text box. I've powered down/up but still no go. If it's relevant, I am JB'd and have the 5 row keyboard. I did not have this problem before the forum upgrade. I was able to post once since the change. I had difficulty getting the keyboard then, but it somehow finally came up. My text looked fine in the text box, but when it posted, the line breaks were off.

Most reactions

Latest posts