What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightning to 30 pin adapter "iPod Out Mode" finally works with iOS 7!

kandaq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I think this is my first post here. I've been using an iPad Mini for a while now with iOS 6.1.3. I then bought the official Apple Lightning to 30 pin adapter to use with my car, but disappointed to find out it doesn't work. Apparently my car stereo only supports "iPod Out Mode", which the adapter doesn't support. I only realized that when I started googling about it and seems that Apple used to mention that feature not supported but have since removed it to avoid confusion. So I ended up with an overpriced charging cable. I had to switch back to my trusty old iPod Photo, which sounded awesome using the 30 pin cable provided with my car. When needed, I'll use my iPad thru bluetooth, but the sound is just too soft for my taste.

Recently, I decided to try out iOS 7 beta 5. To my surprise, the adapter now works! And I can get awesome sound to my car stereo. Glad to know that the lack of support is software related, and not hardware, coz where I'm from, there's no return policy for accessories.

So, if you bought the same adapter but only to find that it doesn't work, wait till iOS 7 and try again before throwing it away.

2013-08-09 12.55.15.jpg

Most reactions