What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightning cable

JoshuaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am wondering if the lightning cables (excluding the adapter) are all the same. Will a cable that came with an iPhone 5 work with an ipad air if you just plug it into the right adapter ? I am looking to purchase a new lightning cable for my ipad air. The old one is messed up

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've switched my phone cable to my iPad adaptor when my cable went bung on me and it is working just as well.....I feel it's the adaptor that determines how much charge actually gets through.

OP
JoshuaMoore

JoshuaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I was asking about the cable. Not the charger itself. I figured it didn't matter as long as you had the right adapter. Thank you :)

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Just make sure it is right. I say that because I bought some, not from Apple, and after updating to ios7 I think it was, the ipad rejected them.

I took them to Apple, apparently they were fake, the genius guy showed me how he knew.

The connector part on the original Apple lightning cable is made from one piece of metal, but the ones that failed were made from 2 pieces.

Luckily, he grabbed some spare cables and gave me them and threw away the ones I took in.

Most reactions