What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Single cable to Connect ipad air to VGA and HDMI

upperscore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fact:-
the ipad air can be connected to a projector having HDMI using the lightning to HDMI connector. Similarly it also can be connect using a lightning to VGA cable.

My question is this.
Is there a cable that has both ports in one so that i dont have to buy two seperate adapters?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the ipad air can be connected to a projector having HDMI using the lightning to HDMI connector. Similarly it also can be connect using a lightning to VGA cable.

My question is this.
Is there a cable that has both ports in one so that i dont have to buy two seperate adapters?
The Apple Store doesn't have such an adapter. Have you thought of using an Apple TV instead of a cabled connection? You could then control the presentation from anywhere in the room with the iPad, since it wouldn't be tied to,a cable connection.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

My question is this.

Hello - first, please explain your needs more specifically - my assumption is that you may give presentations in different locations and confront different projectors, i.e. some w/ HDMI connections & others w/ VGA - correct? If not, then please explain.

You might want to google HDMI VGA combination cable - click on images and some 'combination' options will be shown - now, I've used only an HDMI connector w/ my older iPad 2 - now have an iPad Air 2 and have not had a need to purchase a lightning-HDMI adapter. Also, check out this SITE for some options - you might want to contact them to make sure these 'combo' offerings work well, i.e. mixing VGA (an OLD technology) w/ HDMI is not always reliable - thus, discuss and/or read the reviews on the products you may be wanting to purchase.

Second, I agree w/ the previous post that an Apple TV would 'free up' the cabled connection to your iPad, but keep in mind that only an HDMI output is available on that device, so you would need and HDMI-HDMI cable for the HDMI projection & an HDMI-VGA cable for a VGA projector. Good luck - Dave :)

Most reactions