What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightening USB mini adaptor

peter4711

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why doesn't anyone manufacture a simple mini USB lightening adaptor? There are plenty micro adaptor but no mini.
I have found ones combined with other connections, usually referred to as camera adapters.

In my car I have 'wired in' mini plug near the wind screen, an ex charging point for a TomTom GPS , I want it to provide power for my iPhone 5 with Garmin GPS app.

I have a micro adaptor for my iPhone 4S, I connected this to a lightening old type connector adaptor but it did not provide power.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
P

peter4711

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why doesn't anyone manufacture a simple mini USB lightening adaptor? There are plenty micro adaptor but no mini.
I have found ones combined with other connections, usually referred to as camera adapters.

In my car I have 'wired in' mini plug near the wind screen, an ex charging point for a TomTom GPS , I want it to provide power for my iPhone 5 with Garmin GPS app.

I have a micro adaptor for my iPhone 4S, I connected this to a lightening old type connector adaptor but it did not provide power.

Found one in 'miniinthebox.com'.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To respond to you question, mini USB has been on the way out for a long time.....it is dying a slow death, though. I still have devices that use it, and even some new stuff has it.

Frankly, I don't like eithre mini or micro USBs. They are hard to use. The lightning connector from apple would be a goo replacement, but that will never happen since everyone would have to pay apple to use it.

Most reactions

Latest posts