What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightenig to VGA Adapter Connection

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do I connect to this adapter to make it display my iPad 4 on my TV.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Attachments

• image-1907487239.png
    image-1907487239.png
    487.5 KB · Views: 307

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What do I connect to this adapter to make it display my iPad 4 on my TV.

Hi - you might want to provide some more information - first, what kind of TV do you own (SD or HD) and what are the inputs - there are many video options w/ the easiest and best one currently being a HDMI cable which will provide the highest HD video and also audio?

What you are showing is a VGA adapter (assume the other input is for power) - SO, your TV will need a VGA input (which is old resolution) and require an additional cable - now this will only allow a video transfer (if it works?); if you also need audio, then you will have to run an additional cable (mini stereo to R/L audio) from the iPad's headphone jack to your TV - I'll stop there for you to respond just to clarify the situation.

My suggestion if you do indeed have an old SDTV would be to buy a new HDTV w/ HDMI inputs - good luck! Dave :)

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - you might want to provide some more information - first, what kind of TV do you own (SD or HD) and what are the inputs - there are many video options w/ the easiest and best one currently being a HDMI cable which will provide the highest HD video and also audio? What you are showing is a VGA adapter (assume the other input is for power) - SO, your TV will need a VGA input (which is old resolution) and require an additional cable - now this will only allow a video transfer (if it works?); if you also need audio, then you will have to run an additional cable (mini stereo to R/L audio) from the iPad's headphone jack to your TV - I'll stop there for you to respond just to clarify the situation. My suggestion if you do indeed have an old SDTV would be to buy a new HDTV w/ HDMI inputs - good luck! Dave :)

I was wondering if you needed that.

OK the TV has both RCA and HDMI hook ups. This is a HDTV. I thought that if I hooked in a VGA RCA converter to the Lightening yo VGA adapter that would work.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was wondering if you needed that.

OK the TV has both RCA and HDMI hook ups. This is a HDTV. I thought that if I hooked in a VGA RCA converter to the Lightening yo VGA adapter that would work.

Thanks for the information on your TV - if you need audio too, the easiest solution is to purchase a 'Lightening-HDMI' adapter + HDMI cable and simply go from your iPad to an HDMI input on your TV. The VGA adapter that you showed would require a VGA input on your TV (which was not mentioned), plus again if you want audio also the additional steps described in my previous post. Dave :)

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the information on your TV - if you need audio too, the easiest solution is to purchase a 'Lightening-HDMI' adapter + HDMI cable and simply go from your iPad to an HDMI input on your TV. The VGA adapter that you showed would require a VGA input on your TV (which was not mentioned), plus again if you want audio also the additional steps described in my previous post. Dave :)
I did hook up a adapter that converts VGA to RCA connections but fir some reason that find not work. Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

http://bit.ly/1hKHkvg

Look on the above web page. This is what I used.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I did hook up a adapter that converts VGA to RCA connections but fir some reason that find not work. Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

http://bit.ly/1hKHkvg

Hello again - well I've given you my best advice, i.e. use an HDMI connection if your TV has that input; otherwise you're trying to use old time 'voodoo' techonology that is tricky and not reliable (and requires both video & audio connections, a pain!) - not sure that I can offer much more advice, but let us know what works for you - may help others. Dave :)

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello again - well I've given you my best advice, i.e. use an HDMI connection if your TV has that input; otherwise you're trying to use old time 'voodoo' techonology that is tricky and not reliable (and requires both video & audio connections, a pain!) - not sure that I can offer much more advice, but let us know what works for you - may help others. Dave :)

I wonder why my IPAD first generation worked during the RCA Connectors. Only would show certain things on TV though.

Sent from my IPAD 4th generation. WIFI only. 128GB

Most reactions

Latest posts