What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad4 wired to TV

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am able to connect my iPad 4 to my smart tv via the HDMI2 port of my tv using appropriate wired adapter..and this has been fine until recently when my tv screen has gone pinky purple in colour,..Any ideas why?..The screen changes to this coLour each time I connect iPad.
Other devices connected to HDMI2 are ok and do not affect a tv coLour.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which adapter do you use when you connect your iPad to the TV? Do you use the HDMI cable for all the devices you're connecting to your TV, or just for the iPad?

No idea if there are third party adapters available, but with an adapter different than the one by Apple, it's possible that problems occur.
Also. If you use the cable for your iPad only, there might be a problem with the cable you're using. If possible, try switching cables.

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your comments.....I should have checked adapter and connections!
The adapter is not Apple,but it works ok,..my problem I have discovered is a 3way HDMI switch I use,..it is this that is defective.
A little exploration did the trick!

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple works best with Apple but what do I know? I don't know anything about smart tvs or this version of iPad.

Most reactions