What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEGO Harry Potter game

Nemonome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New controls suck.

Eeeeek gad!!! Wha the heck happened to this game???? The new controls are lame, imho. After playing this game on the wii, where u hit buttons all the time and navigate with a control, now playing on the ipad with the new controls is too similar to wii. The ipad controls before the update, really made the game's experience unique and fun for the ipad. Now its been D-padded. Lame. :(

Last edited:

Charlee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm stuck too! It's the first level of year 2, and I've got to put the muggle artifacts back for Arthur. I've done the rest, but the Aerial just sits there on the kitchen table spinning around. Do you know how I actually get it?

Thanks!
J.

Did you blow everything up????

I'm stuck to. On year 2 on the first level I can't get right to the very top of the roof I've got all the other muggles just cant get too the top?

S

sauzoo

I'm stuck too! It's the first level of year 2, and I've got to put the muggle artifacts back for Arthur. I've done the rest, but the Aerial just sits there on the kitchen table spinning around. Do you know how I actually get it?

Thanks!
J.

Did you blow everything up????

I'm stuck to. On year 2 on the first level I can't get right to the very top of the roof I've got all the other muggles just cant get too the top?

1. blow up the chairs and climb on the table.
2. you do not need uppermost roof access to finish the Play level. You need an advanced spell to reach that last hat you can see up there. Come back after you have all the spells and get it during a Freeplay session.

Good luck!:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

NurseRachet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Latest update

I downloaded the first update > a week ago and noticed the bugs a couple days later which made the game unplayable in the free play mode and couldn't complete the game :mad: I downloaded the "new" upgrade that "fixed" the bugs last night. Anyone know how long this takes to load? It's been over 10 hrours, it's not even halfway done, is that normal - should I just be patient? OR abnormal - should I be worried?:confused:

NurseRachet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell how long the update takes to download? I downloaded the new update > 10hrs ago & it's < halfway thru....should I just be patient or should I be worried?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my way back through, gathering all the goodies I can only find 4 hats in the quiditch level year one.....help?

@NurseRatchet...it should not take that long, make sure your download isn't paused

Evette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my way back through, gathering all the goodies I can only find 4 hats in the quiditch level year one.....help?

@NurseRatchet...it should not take that long, make sure your download isn't paused

Did you find the special area, where there is the teacher pillar thing in free play? After you do the match game it creates a bridge that you cross to a special area. You get a broom, fly and get the golden snitches. Once you get them all you get a hat. There is also a character card in there too. Hope this is the one you are missing.:)

Evette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eeeeek gad!!! Wha the heck happened to this game???? The new controls are lame, imho. After playing this game on the wii, where u hit buttons all the time and navigate with a control, now playing on the ipad with the new controls is too similar to wii. The ipad controls before the update, really made the game's experience unique and fun for the ipad. Now its been D-padded. Lame. :(

You can turn off the D pad controls in the options menu that is accessed thru the backpack.

Nemonome

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You can turn off the D pad controls in the options menu that is accessed thru the backpack.

Oh awsome! Thanks for the info. :D

NurseRachet

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thxxx...due to bad weather, Internet connection was spotty, it finally finished downloading...now that the update is downloaded to "fix" the bugs I'm able to play again:) but I still can't complete yr 4 first task..game keeps booting out after getting the broom and flying over the ramp. Any suggestions?..

S

sauzoo

Downloading Update

Can anyone tell how long the update takes to download? I downloaded the new update > 10hrs ago & it's < halfway thru....should I just be patient or should I be worried?

I have had my iPad for a very long time now, and have many games that are large in size on it. I have found that it is far easier to download an update using iTunes on your computer, then syncing it to devices. This works for iPad apps as well, but also applies to movies and large files purchased via the iTunes store. I have a 12 mb download speed. That download took about 3 minutes. It is very large. It took quite a while to sync to the iPad.

Silverbuttons

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Am new. I googled for some help with he game and found this forum. Yay. Ok I am up to Y4 the dragon chase and got frustrated so I've gone back and I'm free playing every level to get every hat, character token and red brick. So far I have completed 1 & 2 completely but am getting ticked off with Y3 Level 1 Hogwarts Express. I can only find one of the character tokens. I am convinced that Percy Weasley is involved but can't for the live of me find the token. Argh. Anyone found both tokens in this level?

Evette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Am new. I googled for some help with he game and found this forum. Yay. Ok I am up to Y4 the dragon chase and got frustrated so I've gone back and I'm free playing every level to get every hat, character token and red brick. So far I have completed 1 & 2 completely but am getting ticked off with Y3 Level 1 Hogwarts Express. I can only find one of the character tokens. I am convinced that Percy Weasley is involved but can't for the live of me find the token. Argh. Anyone found both tokens in this level?

I did. If I remember right, they are both on the second side near the conductor. I think after you find all the lost stuff, go and blow it up for one. Can't remember the other for sure, but it might require the eye spell that shows hidden items that you learn in yr 4. If you don't have it, you should go and learn it. Hope that helps.:)

Silverbuttons

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I did. If I remember right, they are both on the second side near the conductor. I think after you find all the lost stuff, go and blow it up for one. Can't remember the other for sure, but it might require the eye spell that shows hidden items that you learn in yr 4. If you don't have it, you should go and learn it. Hope that helps.:)

Thanks gah!! What an idiot! Thanks it worked a treat! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts