What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEGO Harry Potter game

F250

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Silly question

How do the save games works are they check points or what.?
I only ask because I got up to where you enter the bank at the beginning and had to turn it off so I hit quit game and when I went to play again It started from the beginning.
So how far are the check points or save points in to the game.
Apart from that loving it so far the music is awesome.

elladan11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do the save games works are they check points or what.?
I only ask because I got up to where you enter the bank at the beginning and had to turn it off so I hit quit game and when I went to play again It started from the beginning.
So how far are the check points or save points in to the game.
Apart from that loving it so far the music is awesome.

The game is broken into chapters, so when you get to the end of a chapter, a purple screen will appear that begins tallying your studs, just like Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones. When it's all done with that, and shows you all the things you've collected, it will save the game and ask you to continue or exit back to the Room of Requirement. That is the only way to save, but the levels are usually only about 10 minutes each, so not too bad...:) Think of doing it again as practice and a chance to see what you missed the first time! You'll have to do it again in freeplay mode anyway...:)

Cheers,

Elladan
:)

kyool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to get skull in Year 2 - Borgin and Burkes?

I have been stuck for a while in the 2nd level of year 2--Borgin and Burkes. I can't seem to get the skull I need for the 3rd column. I see the skull but it is on a higher platform and it is not allowing me to walk up to get it and doesn't give me any jump icon to jump up to get it--can anyone help?

monty20012003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm stuck in Borgin and Burkes too - can see the skull but can find no way to jump on to the top of the cabinet to get to it - can anyone help - have been stuck here for a week now and starting to drive me insane!

kfo19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hide behind the barriers. Do the spell on the door where there's a blue glow. The snake will come out and hit the barrier, causing it to get stunned a bit. Jump off the platform and aim your wand at him while he's out. Continue this until he's crashed through all of the barriers. Tis gets you to move on to the next level.

Snowwhitesbow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I went nuts and was determined to finish this game. Got all the characters unlocked, all the red bricks and nearly all the hats except two, 1 in Year 2 - Tom Riddles Diary, and 1 in Year 3 - Pursuing Peter Pettigrew. Im gonna check the DS Walkthru, but if anyone has fully finished these levels and know what the most likely tricky spots are, help would be much appreciated! :D

*******just got the hat from Pettigrew!!! :D
*******just got the hat from Riddle!!! It was so obvious, I could bonk my head!:p

Now on to Wiiiiiiiiii

Oooooooh, where is that fifth hat in Tom Riddle's Diary?

Snowwhitesbow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm stuck in Borgin and Burkes too - can see the skull but can find no way to jump on to the top of the cabinet to get to it - can anyone help - have been stuck here for a week now and starting to drive me insane!

In the space behind the shelves, to the left of the skulls so to speak, there is a big ramp, quite dark, but it gets you on the shelves!

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would urge people to not install the latest update for this game. It pretty much makes the game unplayable. Updates like this make you wonder who actually tests these things.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I realize it now I had already done the update but haven't played in a while, I just tried and it's totally unusable just as you say... I wonder if I restore a backup I can get the older version

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That might be worth a try. It's a total bummer. I was just starting to get into the game now that they added the virtual D-Pad option. Oh well, the Christmas tree still needs to be put up anyhow. I guess this gives me time to do it!

S

sauzoo

Someone asked about Fluffy? It took me innumerable attempts. Keep at it. I was so discouraged I quit the game for a while. The forest was really hard for me as well and also Peter Pettigrew. I discovered that if I turned the brightness way up on the iPad I could actually see in the Lumos needed levels. Went back to forest to grab a wizard card and a very important red cube. They are mentioned in the DS walkthrough so I won't spoil any one here but I will say that there are several (4,5 and 7) that you really need.

Nemonome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I went nuts and was determined to finish this game. Got all the characters unlocked, all the red bricks and nearly all the hats except two, 1 in Year 2 - Tom Riddles Diary, and 1 in Year 3 - Pursuing Peter Pettigrew. Im gonna check the DS Walkthru, but if anyone has fully finished these levels and know what the most likely tricky spots are, help would be much appreciated! :D

*******just got the hat from Pettigrew!!! :D
*******just got the hat from Riddle!!! It was so obvious, I could bonk my head!:p

Now on to Wiiiiiiiiii

Oooooooh, where is that fifth hat in Tom Riddle's Diary?

Uh oh. Ive been playing wii version for the last week, and now i am all mixed up as to where is what! :p If i play ipad hp level again, will post the diary locations. From what i read here, sounds like the latest upgrades are making some of it unplayable, and i just upgraded!!! :(

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts