What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEGO Harry Potter game

elladan11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing in the walkthrough that is different is the Patronus charm. It says make a triangle over the demontor after tapping the blue cloud circle . . . well that works just as well as the white circle. Just make sure you end up on its face.

I have not been around here much due to being stuck with the two preceptors in the Pettigrew level of game III. :mad:

The Pettigrew level is just a matter of timing....when one walks away, follow him, then he'll turn a corner and you can keep going (you need to go right eventually), then when you go back, do the same thing...just time is so that you're moving with them, not against them.

Cheers,

Elladan:ipad-keyboard:

elladan11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, so no one else had issues learning the wingadium leviosa spell? I've pretty much given up! Tracing it slowly or faster, as accurately as possible, as wild as possible...nothing f'ing works! Stupid waste of money!

All I can say is follow exactly what it says...start in the lower left (if I remember correctly), go up, then down, then up/down and lift your finger off the pad. If you don't get it that time, start again. You need to lift off when you do it though, or it thinks you're still continuing.

Hope that helps! It's a great little game...:) BTW, it's only hard the very first time - after you learn it, the game knows you've learned it and it's easier and less picky.:p

troycrazy8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stuck in Year 4, Third Task

I've gotten all the way through Year 4, Third Task, in Freeplay, right up to the faceoff against Voldemort. I know that I'm supposed to trace the current between the wands back to Voldemort, but it's not doing anything. What am I doing wrong?

Nemonome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've gotten all the way through Year 4, Third Task, in Freeplay, right up to the faceoff against Voldemort. I know that I'm supposed to trace the current between the wands back to Voldemort, but it's not doing anything. What am I doing wrong?

I think u trace it, but u repetitively do it as if u are shooting charms from ur wand, not back and forth. So follow the line in the direction from Harry to Voldemort only, in rapid succession.

I've played several levels since this one, so if i am wrong about it, post here.

Nemonome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wooooot! Finished the game!!!

Last night I went nuts and was determined to finish this game. Got all the characters unlocked, all the red bricks and nearly all the hats except two, 1 in Year 2 - Tom Riddles Diary, and 1 in Year 3 - Pursuing Peter Pettigrew. Im gonna check the DS Walkthru, but if anyone has fully finished these levels and know what the most likely tricky spots are, help would be much appreciated! :D

*******just got the hat from Pettigrew!!! :D
*******just got the hat from Riddle!!! It was so obvious, I could bonk my head!:p

Now on to Wiiiiiiiiii

Last edited:

zyx83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I went nuts and was determined to finish this game. Got all the characters unlocked, all the red bricks and nearly all the hats except two, 1 in Year 2 - Tom Riddles Diary, and 1 in Year 3 - Pursuing Peter Pettigrew. Im gonna check the DS Walkthru, but if anyone has fully finished these levels and know what the most likely tricky spots are, help would be much appreciated! :D

*******just got the hat from Riddle!!! It was so obvious, I could bonk my head!:p

Now on to Wiiiiiiiiii

im completely stuck at the care of magical creatures bit in yr 3... whenever the bugs crawl towards buckbeak i dunno what 2 do... i have tried to stun them, have tried to flick my finger at them until my finger is sore, and im still stuck! aaaaaaargh!!!!!! u sound like you know what ur doing, can you help me out? any help appreciated! :confused::):ipad-keyboard:

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Now on to Wiiiiiiiiii
Jealous!

I have completed the "official" story levels so now going back over in free play for the goodies...is there anything that must be got in story mode (-as in I need to do a replay) or can I do it all in free play?

elladan11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im completely stuck at the care of magical creatures bit in yr 3... whenever the bugs crawl towards buckbeak i dunno what 2 do... i have tried to stun them, have tried to flick my finger at them until my finger is sore, and im still stuck! aaaaaaargh!!!!!! u sound like you know what ur doing, can you help me out? any help appreciated! :confused::):ipad-keyboard:

If you're like me, you're trying to get closer to BuckBeak to protect him. That is the mistake...:) You want to zap the little buggers where there is only one rail in the fence (basically where you were standing when the notice came up). HTH.:ipad-movie:

elladan11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jealous!

I have completed the "official" story levels so now going back over in free play for the goodies...is there anything that must be got in story mode (-as in I need to do a replay) or can I do it all in free play?

All freeplay can be done once you've gotten through the story. Alohomora was pretty much the last thing, and that's mostly what you need for freeplay.

Good luck!:)

Nemonome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Year 3 care of magical creatures buckbeak

Now on to Wiiiiiiiiii

I was stuck at the same point and also posted on this forum for help :D

Just follow what elladan11 posted above for u to do. Also i found that positioning ur character infront of this single fence can be tricky. If u go too far to the left, by buckbeak, ur charms will only hit the fence, not the screwts. Do it a few times and i think u will have it.

Nemonome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Freeplay mode essential tool kit

Now on to Wiiiiiiiiii
Jealous!

Like elladan11 said, make sure u have all the spells, esp alohomora.

Incidently, also make sure as u story/freeplay, try and acquire all the red brick silly spells.......u think they are only there for fun but.........(won't go into detail here, spoiler);).

If u wanna know, u can pm me. I just have to activate the pm mode....not sure how to do that here and if i have to do that at all...will check it out.

If i think of anything else, will post here.

zyx83

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I was stuck at the same point and also posted on this forum for help :D

Just follow what elladan11 posted above for u to do. Also i found that positioning ur character infront of this single fence can be tricky. If u go too far to the left, by buckbeak, ur charms will only hit the fence, not the screwts. Do it a few times and i think u will have it.

okay. sounds good, but i haven't seen elladan11's post as of yet. can you quote it? if not i'll just look through all the pages of this thread. is it at the start, in the middle or towards the end? thanks anyway for all the help. :D

zyx83

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If you're like me, you're trying to get closer to BuckBeak to protect him. That is the mistake...:) You want to zap the little buggers where there is only one rail in the fence (basically where you were standing when the notice came up). HTH.:ipad-movie:

yay thanks!!!!! also thanks to nemonome (soz if i spelt ur name wrong) for mentioning this post... found it 30 seconds after i posted a reply... thanks! :D:)

Snowwhitesbow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah bliss

Now, isn't that game funny, cute, beautifully made, entertaining and all that for a low price. I got stuck so many times that I wondered how people ever made it to year 4, but hurray I finished and am now clearing up the rest. The most difficult bit I found running away from Fluffy in year 1, any tricks there? A bit annoying is the fact that for the last few rounds in each year you cannot click an overview of your credits, know what I mean?

Most reactions

Latest posts