What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learning about my iPad 2

Ajax_16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
New to the forum
Am mostly on the search to find out why my lecture slides which I can't seem to download and usually can only look on online will only half appear, it's really annoying and have downloaded pages, PDF annote and nothin seems to help

Any ideas?

Thanks heaps

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the online slides appear in a scrollable window, try using two fingers to drag instead of one. Right next to each other, lightly touching, works best. Some PDF viewers work with this, and some do not.

I'm not sure about your download options. I do know that many educational sites use PDF tools that apply super-compression algorithms on their PDF files. The usual solution is to download them to a computer, then use a PDF app there to export them again.

On a PC students have reported luck using the free CutePDF app. On a Mac, Preview works fine.

Bill6044

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm learning iPad 2 also.

I have the user manual, but can't find specific answers because the only way is to look in the 12 chapter table of contents. Is there a way I can search for words or phrases?

I downloaded the manual and GoodReader, but can't read anything. I thought maybe I could search in pdf format. I can't even read the text.
I also downloaded the manual in iTunes on my PC.. Can't open it there either.

Help... please.

Bill

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bill6044 said:
Hi,

I'm learning iPad 2 also.

I have the user manual, but can't find specific answers because the only way is to look in the 12 chapter table of contents. Is there a way I can search for words or phrases?

I downloaded the manual and GoodReader, but can't read anything. I thought maybe I could search in pdf format. I can't even read the text.
I also downloaded the manual in iTunes on my PC.. Can't open it there either.

Help... please.

Bill

Check out the free "ipad user guide" in iBooks, it's easily searchable, just make sure that you get the correct one for your version of iOS.

The Archangel

OP
A

Ajax_16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks guys :)
I think I've come to the conclusion that its just easier to email them to myself off a PC but am glad I signed up to this forum seems alot of help :)

xGary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try using the Opera browser. I don't have my iPad yet (coming from Android) but when I used Opera on Android and I tried to view embeded pdfs, a window popped up prompting me to download the pdf.

Most reactions