What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Lovin' Jump, Dropbox & Goodreader!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just had to post this 'cause I am so tickled by it (I've just got my iPad, which is my first ever touch/swipe device).

So, I'm at college yesterday, an hour's drive from home. I realize I forgot some notes for my class. I call my mom at home who merely turns on my home [Windows XP] PC. After I wait a bit ('cause I know my home PC is slow to fire up), I remotely log in to it using the Jump app. I navigate to the college's class page and open the Powerpoint slide for that day's lecture. Once it is open, I save the slide as a PDF into my Dropbox account. Actually, I had to open/save three Powerpoint files, as I don't know which one the professor will start with. Just to be safe...

Then, I disconnect from my PC and open Goodreader. I navigate to Dropbox and download the PDF files. Oh, and I also sort the files so 1) I have both a folder for the class and chapter, and 2) move those three documents into that folder (class>chapter>files). Man, these new updates to Goodreader make it great for this ... !

I then went to class and, as the professor gives his lecture, I am right there, putting notes onto my PDFs/slides.

How cool is THAT! :D

YMMV, but Jump, Dropbox ... and Goodreader ... are AWESOME!

Just had to share. Have a good day.

Marilyn

P.S. Yeah, I usually turn on my PC before I leave for college, for just this reason. I just forgot to yesterday...

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh the most important piece of software was your mom......

Still it's awesome when the technologies just work. Don't know the jump app but the other two are excellent in use.

Most reactions

Latest posts