What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learning a New Skill

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, anyone here decide to finally learn how to do something fun? Maybe programming, learning to cook, learning to turn candlesticks on a lathe for sale on eBay; perhaps learning how to speak German or Mandarin, or read Shakespeare in the original Esperanto? Maybe learn how to pick a banjo (please do it correctly, bad banjo sounds can cause damage to your house's foundation) or fly an airplane, perhaps?

So how about it. Have any of you decided to learn something?

There will be more silly questions today because I finished my last job and I am bored.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
So, anyone here decide to finally learn how to do something fun? Maybe programming, learning to cook, learning to turn candlesticks on a lathe for sale on eBay; perhaps learning how to speak German or Mandarin, or read Shakespeare in the original Esperanto? Maybe learn how to pick a banjo (please do it correctly, bad banjo sounds can cause damage to your house's foundation) or fly an airplane, perhaps?

So how about it. Have any of you decided to learn something?

There will be more silly questions today because I finished my last job and I am bored.

Learn the guitar and the harp. Already have 21 piano exp. years underfoot so hopefully, I can pick these two up with a fair amount of ease. I also intend to expound on the snippets of about a dozen languages I've picked up over the years, ex. Hebrew, Greek, Russian, Romanian, German...

OP
B

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Learn the guitar and the harp. Already have 21 piano exp. years underfoot so hopefully, I can pick these two up with a fair amount of ease. I also intend to expound on the snippets of about a dozen languages I've picked up over the years, ex. Hebrew, Greek, Russian, Romanian, German...

Your knowledge of basic music will certainly help. I am curious, what kind of harp do you want to learn to play?

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found this buried old thread.

I have learned how to make a broom from scratch, having only natural things on the finished product.

Here I'm evening out the butt of the broom. The orange twine will be removed.

image.jpg

Here the tying has been completed. Now all I need is the long "handle".

image.jpg

Here is the finished product. Anyone who wants to take one for a ride;) be my guest LOL ;) :)

image.jpg

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been relearning Japanese. Some of it's coming back, but it's slow because I'm lazy about it.

Most reactions

Latest posts