What's new
Apple iPad Forum šŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest OS versions - discussions

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have iPadOS 15.3 Public Beta on my iPad Pro M1 11ā€, and all was fine to start with, but Iā€™m now experiencing random lockups which can occur at any time, seemingly in any app.

The only way Iā€™ve found to release the lockup is to hit the power button a few times, and with luck it usually gets back to the Lock Screen. On a few occasions only a reset worked.

Iā€™ve shut down all open apps from the app switcher to see if itā€™s one particular app causing the lockups, but it still does it with no other apps running.

So just wondering if anyone else has had similar before I send off a feedback report.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have iPadOS 15.3 Public Beta on my iPad Pro M1 11ā€, and all was fine to start with, but Iā€™m now experiencing random lockups which can occur at any time, seemingly in any app.

The only way Iā€™ve found to release the lockup is to hit the power button a few times, and with luck it usually gets back to the Lock Screen. On a few occasions only a reset worked.

Iā€™ve shut down all open apps from the app switcher to see if itā€™s one particular app causing the lockups, but it still does it with no other apps running.

So just wondering if anyone else has had similar before I send off a feedback report.
Iā€˜m using the most recent Public Beta of iPadOS 15 on my iPad Pro (1st generation), and havenā€˜t faced any problems yet.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Todayā€˜s updates:
iPadOS 14.7
macOS Big Sur 11.5 (bug fixes, security updates)
Security updates for macOS Catalina and Mojave

Information is up to date:

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well I reckon Iā€™ve discovered the reason for my lockups, and it had nothing to do with the latest operating system.

In fact it was my broadband provider who was intermittently dropping my connection, which resulted in any internet connected app I was using at the time ā€˜appearingā€™ to lock up.

Since checking with my provider and a reset of my router things have settled down [emoji1696]

Good job I found this out before I sent in a feedback report.[emoji3526]

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I reckon Iā€™ve discovered the reason for my lockups, and it had nothing to do with the latest operating system.

In fact it was my broadband provider who was intermittently dropping my connection, which resulted in any internet connected app I was using at the time ā€˜appearingā€™ to lock up.

Since checking with my provider and a reset of my router things have settled down [emoji1696]

Good job I found this out before I sent in a feedback report.[emoji3526]

Itā€™s a good thing one of these lockups didnā€™t happen in the middle of an update.

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Itā€™s a good thing one of these lockups didnā€™t happen in the middle of an update.
We get drops in the net here quite often Iā€™ve wondered what would happen if it occurred mid update.

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the break was whilst downloading the update then surely it would just carry on after the break was restored.

Not sure that the internet link is needed to prepare the download, but is it needed to verify it?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For the verification process, the iPad needs to be connected to Wi-Fi. I suppose itā€™s connecting to Appleā€™s servers to make sure the right software version has been downloaded and will be installed.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPadOS and iOS 15, as well as tvOS 15 and watchOS 8 have been released today.

More information about the most recent software:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The public release versions of iOS and iPadOS 15 have a newer build number that the Release candidates so you should update to the public release version if youā€™re currently on the iOS 15 beta release candidate. Delete the beta profile and the update will appear. You can add the beta profile again when the next beta is released.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I may have gotten a little carried away making the mini match the pro. . . and maybe I should clean the keyboard, and wipe the table, and dust, and. . . but it was more fun playing around with the home screens.

619A3A1B-50F9-4ACD-8172-BEB3CF277E9F.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts