What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest OS versions - discussions

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WOW!!!
Installed iPadOS tonight....
I don't think I've ever seen such a radical change and right now I'm not sure if I like it, there's an awful lot of learning curves there.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
Safari so goody (sorry). Pretty intuitive. Still navigating the multiple pages thing, but the stuff I routinely use is as simple as ever.....and yes, there is a noticeable decrease in the “lag” with my Apple Pencil. Whole iPad seems faster, but maybe that’s just me.Darkmode for me here too!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for the guide TP, I'll check that out.

I was around but I can't remember it now :)

To be fair, I just upgraded and the new look is a bit disconcerting. I had to change my wallpaper due to the smaller icons and text. It was either that or use the Big mode that looks mostly like the old Home Screen.

I suspect that in a week or two, I won’t even notice the visual changes.

The functional change though, those have mostly been a delight. Yes, I have to rediscover how to do a few things, but each time I do I seem to get a pleasant little surprise. Either something new I can do, or something old just a bit easier.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Three Safari windows at once. So cool. And you can actually have multiple windows in the Slide-over view that you can swipe though.

1E2FDC52-A7D5-43D1-B088-40D1D125A1DB.png

579F3988-D34E-4A97-BF2B-B574C8C56C7D.png

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To be fair, I just upgraded and the new look is a bit disconcerting. I had to change my wallpaper due to the smaller icons and text. It was either that or use the Big mode that looks mostly like the old Home Screen.

I suspect that in a week or two, I won’t even notice the visual changes.

The functional change though, those have mostly been a delight. Yes, I have to rediscover how to do a few things, but each time I do I seem to get a pleasant little surprise. Either something new I can do, or something old just a bit easier.
I'm never good with change but I'll most likely get used to it :)

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Anyone who hasn't updated yet may want to visit the forums at macintouch.com before proceeding. iOS 13.1 seems to have some bugs (and arrogant "features") that range from annoying to show-stopping, including switching on iCloud for all capable apps, without notice or permission, and deleting Mail messages other than the ones marked for deletion.

Be careful.

Most reactions

Latest posts