What's new
Apple iPad Forum šŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest OS versions - discussions

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thereā€™s an update for the iPhone 8 Plus only: iOS 12.3.2. It fixes an issue with Portrait Mode.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thereā€™s an update for the Air Port Extreme and Air Port Time Capsule with 802.11ac support. It addresses security issues on the affected devices.
Latest OS versions

My Airport Extreme is 5th G bought in early 2013 just before release of the 6th G w/ ac - so, at the moment, I'm on 802.11n (fixed at 7.6.9 firmware version) - BUT still going strong and serving our streaming needs - have been looking at the 'mesh network' offerings, especially w/ the prices coming down - however, with this June's WWDC which I watched fully, a lot of my other Apple hardware is sitting 'on the fence' - I foresee several iDevice upgrades and possibly an iMac purchase this year? Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just read that iOS 13 will remove 3D Touch . Anyone know if that is true? And if so, will it be able to be reinstalled if desired. I really like 3D Touch, itā€™s just a cool thing.
At the moment, these are rumours. There are new gestures in iOS 13. One of these is long pressing an app, e.g., to get the same view as 3D Touch offers now. So youā€˜d just have to get used to a different gesture to get the same result.

If 3D Touch is removed by Apple in one of the updates, you canā€˜t reinstall it. Itā€˜s part of the software.

Last edited:

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
Just curious, as I have read this on a few computing type websites. Based on the BETA, I`m guessing which is just that, BETA testing! I would assume that Apple completely removing 3D touch next update would ,indeed be permanent, but at least one article alludes to being able to download it, which seemed odd to me. But like I said....curiosity. So many weird rumours, and hearsay about all of this, sort of fascinating.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A few more updates:
iTunes (for Windows 7 and later) has been updated to 12.9.5.
iCloudā€™s latest version for Windows 7 and later is 7.12, and thereā€™s an extra update for iCloud (Windows 10 version 18362.145 or higher) - 10.4.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iTunes for Windows 7 and later has been updated to 12.9.6; Apple released an update for iCloud for Windows 7 and later: 7.13; iCloud for Windows 10 and later can be updated to 10.6 via Microsoft Store.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I had 3 macOS & 3 iOS devices to update, which I decided to do over several days - yesterday, finished updating Susan's aging iMac (late 2012) - her computer will likely accept the Catalina upgrade in a few months, but will need to be replaced soon (maybe a Christmas present - want a retina screen & SSD!). My 2 laptops will do fine w/ Catalina and likely next year's macOS release.

As to our iOS machines, my iPad Pro is fairly new (bought Dec 2018) and her iPad Mini 4 should be fine w/ iOS 13 (of course, the Pad version has been renamed iPadOS) - however, her iPhone 6 updated fine to iOS 12.4 (which includes the new iPhone Migration Tool), but will not take iOS 13 - SO, tomorrow we will visit our nearby Verizon store and buy her a new iPhone XR - like my iPad Pro, no HOME button, facial ID, and Qi charging option - believe that she'll enjoy! :) Dave

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon, we went to our nearby Verizon store and got Susan a blue iPhone XR - I wanted to upgrade from my 'dumb phone' (Greatcall flippie) - previous night I thought of just taking her iPhone 6 but the lack of going to iOS 13 and security issues dissuaded me; then I looked at the iPhone 8, but our representative Jessica found a promo, i.e. get a second XR for $700 off! Well, sounded like a deal to me, so now Susan & I have new XRs, mine is black - added bumper cases and front screen protectors to both - changed the wallpapers and today adding apps - the XR is familiar to me since facial ID is also on my iPad Pro - now I'm up to 7 machines that will need OS upgrades this fall! Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS and tvOS have been updated to 12.4.1. Thereā€™s a new Supplemental Update for macOS Mojave 10.14.6, and watchOS has 5.3.1 has been released.

Information is up to date.

Most reactions

Latest posts