What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Late March iPad Release still ON!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-launch-party.jpg
We reported yesterday the iPad WiFi model could be delayed until April due to rumored production problems. Today however, we have better news! Wired.com had received confirmation from an Apple spokesperson that the iPad is still on track for a late March release. Maybe they will plan something in conjunction with March Madness and The Final Four!

"An Apple spokeswoman told Wired.com on the phone that the “iPad will be available in late March.â€

So call your friends, the iPad launch party is back on!

{Source: Wired.com}

codyhinson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey has anyone heard when the 3gplus wifi will actually be out in april ive got the money for the 1g gig saved but its burning a hole in my pocket:)

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There has been talk about the FCC certification not being issued at the time of the keynote. Is it possible that it concerns only the 3G models?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I gave the rumor about a 5% chance of being true. It was all speculation though but you never know, even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes :)

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Neither model had yet been certified by the FCC at the time of the announcement. This is normal, however. Especially for Apple. Filing for approval by the FCC is a public process and to do so before the product was announced would be to let the cat out of the bag. FCC approval will not be an issue. It is, however, one of the reasons you can't pre-order one yet. They can't actually offer it for sale until it gets approval. I actually doubt that they will offer pre-orders for the iPad. I think they're going to push their stock to the retail outlets first. You'll undoubtedly be able to order on line on day 1, but I doubt if you'll be able to order early.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure they want the news to show the millions in line waiting for the stores to open.. Might as well use the press for free advertising :)

jwookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You crack me up JohnnyApple! [even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes]
Never heard that one. . . thanks for the chuckle!

I'm buying online, don't want to be in the middle of the iPad stampede.:)

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey has anyone heard when the 3gplus wifi will actually be out in april ive got the money for the 1g gig saved but its burning a hole in my pocket:)

I'd tell you to stuff it under your bed but I don't want to be liable for the house fire. :p

As I tell the kids I work with, who are always attracted tongue latest e-bling, wait and save your money. By the time you have enough or more the enough the prices will drop or a better unit for the same price will be released.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPAD is somewhere in the road

Neither model had yet been certified by the FCC at the time of the announcement. This is normal, however. Especially for Apple. Filing for approval by the FCC is a public process and to do so before the product was announced would be to let the cat out of the bag. FCC approval will not be an issue. It is, however, one of the reasons you can't pre-order one yet. They can't actually offer it for sale until it gets approval. I actually doubt that they will offer pre-orders for the iPad. I think they're going to push their stock to the retail outlets first. You'll undoubtedly be able to order on line on day 1, but I doubt if you'll be able to order early.

Tim you are 100% right, only a small point you can be wrong, i believe FCC can be applied secretly, if Apple ask i am sure they will keep it secret .... i think you will buy online the Ipad only when they will have fill all outlet, of course is better for Apple to sell online ... they don't have to share the margin with the distributor but at the beginning they have to give them the priority

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rumor: iPad Will Go on Sale March 26 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Wired reports rumors of a 3/26 sale date:

Apple hasn’t stated an official release date for its iPad, but rumors suggest the highly anticipated tablet will go on sale on March 26.

Both MacRumors’ Arnold Kim and the Examiner have heard from tipsters that Apple stores will begin selling the iPad on Friday, March 26 at 6 p.m. The Examiner added that “People who camp out for the iPad will receive a special gift.”

That would be similar to the original iPhone launch, which began selling 6 p.m. on Friday, Jun. 29, 2007. (I don’t remember receiving any gifts when I camped out for the iPhone, but I did receive some coffee.)

Apple has said the iPad without 3G will begin shipping late March. The iPad including 3G should be shipping about 30 days later, according to Apple.

An analyst spread a rumor earlier this week that tight inventories might delay iPad shipments by a month, but an Apple spokeswoman told Wired.com that the iPad was on schedule to ship by late March.

Read More Rumor: iPad Will Go on Sale March 26 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Teasing

Rumor: iPad Will Go on Sale March 26 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Wired reports rumors of a 3/26 sale date:

Apple hasn’t stated an official release date for its iPad, but rumors suggest the highly anticipated tablet will go on sale on March 26.

Both MacRumors’ Arnold Kim and the Examiner have heard from tipsters that Apple stores will begin selling the iPad on Friday, March 26 at 6 p.m. The Examiner added that “People who camp out for the iPad will receive a special gift.â€

That would be similar to the original iPhone launch, which began selling 6 p.m. on Friday, Jun. 29, 2007. (I don’t remember receiving any gifts when I camped out for the iPhone, but I did receive some coffee.)

Apple has said the iPad without 3G will begin shipping late March. The iPad including 3G should be shipping about 30 days later, according to Apple.

An analyst spread a rumor earlier this week that tight inventories might delay iPad shipments by a month, but an Apple spokeswoman told Wired.com that the iPad was on schedule to ship by late March.

Read More http://www.sleekgear.org.com[/url

Tim i guess you don't take them as serious ??

Actually write article with Ipad in the tittle give them 10 time more audience than an article with Asus :D , so they maintain the audience by spreading rumor

Most reactions

Latest posts