What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last pass iPad browser - not bad

BrianL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this is probably not the best time to bring up this app due to their recent possible breach, but is anyone out there using the Last Pass iPad browser. You don't need to have a Last Pass account but there would be no point in using it if you do not have an account.

I have been a big fan of Last Pass for awhile now, it is a great password manager. Their browser on the iPad seems to be pretty good. Love the tab feature, which I know most iPad browsers have.

Anyone else use the Last Pass browser? Happy with it?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried LastPass and 1Password. LastPass wasn't too bad but I stuck with 1Password. At the time it had more features than LP, but it looks like they're catching up.

1PW has been flawless and integrates perfectly with DropBox to automatically sync everything on my iPad, iPhone, iMac...all of my Apple products. Couldn't live w/o it now.

Hackint0sh814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer LastPass just for the fact that it works on any computer including Windows which I'm forced to used everyday at work. :(

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
richsadams said:
FWIW 1Password works very well with Windows also.

Yup! I'm a pc owner with iPad, iPhone and both have 1password.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LastPass is JUNK!

So this is probably not the best time to bring up this app due to their recent possible breach, but is anyone out there using the Last Pass iPad browser. You don't need to have a Last Pass account but there would be no point in using it if you do not have an account.

I have been a big fan of Last Pass for awhile now, it is a great password manager. Their browser on the iPad seems to be pretty good. Love the tab feature, which I know most iPad browsers have.

Anyone else use the Last Pass browser? Happy with it?

I am searching for the best cross platform password manager now that I have discovered LASTPASS has been hacked by all the world's criminals this week. I have to delete my account and reset hundreds of passwords.

I am tired of this and need a more secure option, if I wanted to live dangerously I would have bought Android and only use Windows.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am searching for the best cross platform password manager now that I have discovered LASTPASS has been hacked by all the world's criminals this week. I have to delete my account and reset hundreds of passwords.

I am tired of this and need a more secure option, if I wanted to live dangerously I would have bought Android and only use Windows.
I was alarmed to hear about LP's potential security breach and read several articles yesterday (this one being typical) about it. From what I've read it doesn't sound like they're even sure they were hacked and were only asking folks to create a new master password as a precaution.

"If you have a strong, non-dictionary-based password or pass phrase, this shouldn't impact you – the potential threat here is brute-forcing your master password using dictionary words, then going to LastPass with that password to get your data. Unfortunately not everyone picks a master password that's immune to brute-forcing.

To counter that potential threat, we're going to force everyone to change their master passwords. Additionally, we're going to want an indication that you're you, by either ensuring that you're coming from an IP block you've used before or by validating your email address...

We realise this may be an overreaction and we apologise for the disruption this will cause, but we'd rather be paranoid and slightly inconvenience you than to be even more sorry later."

Sounds like you've gone the extra mile though. Those kinds of things are certainly worrisome.

I don't think any program can be made absolutely secure in every way, but after talking to a few I.T. Security folks they recommended 1Password. More about their security here. I haven't read up on LP's security methods, but I'd guess they are similar?

Last edited:

kenbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer LastPass just for the fact that it works on any computer including Windows which I'm forced to used everyday at work. :(

I want to continue to use LastPass, but cannot seem to get it to work on my IPAD 2. Perhaps you have suggestions for install.

Most reactions

Latest posts