What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kobo App = Borders App

mossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of you probably already know this by now, but for those who don't, the new Borders App is identical to the Kobo app with the only difference being in the color scheme (blue vs. red). They even both come with the same free books.

edmouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read somewhere that there is a 'stronger' bookstore experience on the Borders app, whatever that means.

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is strange I got the impression Kobo was Chapters-Indigo, we do not have Borders in Canada.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I wonder if the Borders app is as unstable as the Kobo app.....

I downloaded the Boarders app, looked at it and realized I would never use it and deleted it.....

OP
M

mossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In response to some of the posts above:

I've only interacted with the store on a limited basis, but the search results I played with returned the exact same matches between the two apps. There certainly can be a difference between them, but I don't see it yet.

Sorry about the confusion for non-Americans regarding the relationship between Borders and Kobo. I should have described this in my original post. Kobo and Borders are two separate companies. However, in America, they have created a strategic alliance where the Kobo is marketed as Border's ereader, like the Nook is for Barnes and Noble. In reality, Barnes and Noble does own the Nook, but Borders does not own Kobo. So outside of America, it is more than likely that Kobo will be associated with another company or simply stands alone. (also note that Borders does advertise other eReaders as well, so it's not exactly like Barnes and Noble).

I personally have not noticed Kobo being unstable, except that I cannot see the covers of the books in my library. Having said that, although I am reading my current book in Kobo, I don't have a large library to really push the app. In fact, I'm pretty spread out right now between 5 apps for reading, so I only have a small number of books in each.

Hope this helps.

rimon5693

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey check this site to downloading free ebooks or comics for your ipad or iphone. With membership to this site users can download unlimited ebooks and comics for their ipad or iphone.

Most reactions

Latest posts